East vs. West Caribbean

Which would you pick?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• Freedom of the Seas: Western - Fort Lauderdale; Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. 2 sea days
    • Freedom of the Seas: Eastern Fort Lauderdale; Cococay, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. 3 sea days
    • Navigator of the Seas: Western Galveston; Roatan Honduras, Belize City, Cozumel. 3 sea days
    • Another Cruise

I voted FOS, western, but that's just 'cause I haven't done Western in a while and would like to do Labadee again, and prefer more port days. But hey this is your cruise!:p

I'd only do Western again if I got both Cozumel and GC with Labadee, otherwise, I'd prefer Eastern, because I do like St Martin. :D

We LOVE Labadee and I'm a fan of St Thomas also. Both have great beach-related options. St Thomas is fun to be toured around by bus (can't beat the view and famous banana daiquiri at the top of the hill) and there are lots of fun activities to do at Labadee (zip line, wave runners, parasailing, beach-bumming).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been to Cococay & St. Maarten. I did Freedom Western last year. I am not a fan of the 3 sea days which is why I chose Western and I am also trying to do different iteneraries each time I cruise before I repeat one. I am planning Southen next with St. Thomas in the itenerary.

True, you would get the Navigator newly re-furbed, but I really like St Maarten and St Thomas. I would also consider leaving from Puerto Rico if the airfare is comperable. It was for us. While the ship was mostly Spanish speaking, the ports were wonderful. I do think that it had too many ports though.. would have loved a sea day on the way back too. :-)

I would pick anything b/4 Western out of Galveston. Have done it & would never do it again. Really didn't like Roatan or Belize & getting to Galveston from the airport was long & expensive.

Eastern is definitely "prettier," but I've come to really enjoy Cozumel.

Did Eastern last two years in a row. St Martin's Maho Beach is a must see!

Doing Western this year:

Labadee (beach day), Jamaica(Hilton Rose Hall Resort*looks wonderful!),

Cozumel (Mr Sanchos*lots of great write ups, going to have fish do my pedicure in their spa!), Grand Caymen (Seven Mile Beach). It's gonna be great! Jet skiing, Paddle boarding, etc. etc.

Love Labadee. Cozumel, ok.....Falmouth, a good day on an semi-empty ship. As for the Eastern, there recently was a pic posted of Maho and it was a zoo, ie wall to wall people.

The island was overcrowded for sure when I was on FOS a few weeks ago. We were in port with P&O's Ventura, Celebrity Reflection, Westerdam, Oasis, Carnival Dream and Norwegian Gem. It was absolutely ridiculous how many people flooded into town!

The island was overcrowded for sure when I was on FOS a few weeks ago. We were in port with P&O's Ventura, Celebrity Reflection, Westerdam, Oasis, Carnival Dream and Norwegian Gem. It was absolutely ridiculous how many people flooded into town!

I saw that picture! It sure didn't look like that when I was there last year!