Miami beach hotel

chelllll

I have not stayed here, but have read about the Savoy Hotel on Miami Beach in a few cruise reviews.

Here is a cruise review that has a few pics and comments on the hotel. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1829996

Thanks FlaGrl, the Savoy does look nice sadly a little out of our price range. I'm thinking we may just stay at Holiday Inn on the beach after tax its about $250 which is $50 over budget not to bad for being on the water. :D

It will be the second week of October this year. So far I have considered Holiday Inn Miami Beach and Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach. The Palms Hotel looked really nice but it would cost over $300 after tax and parking.

You really don't want to stay in Mid Beach. Did you look at South Beach hotels?

Check out Courtyard Marriott South Beach, The South Seas Hotel, and The Marseilles.

You really don't want to stay in Mid Beach. Did you look at South Beach hotels?

Check out Courtyard Marriott South Beach, The South Seas Hotel, and The Marseilles.

BlueHerons, thanks for the suggestions. I really like the South Seas Hotel, have you stayed there before?

October is kind of our "shoulder season" here, so you may be able to find something for under $200. There is a plethora to choose from, from very average to very swanky. I like the South Beach Marriott because I like the "south of 5th" area, Royal Palm (although it might now be called The James), and The Richmond (no resort fee). Of course The Delano, Shore Club, Raleigh have great atmosphere too, but they may be out of your price range. You may be able to find some oceanfront hotels on Hotwire if you search by the area "Oceanfront Collins".

Not many people know about First So-Fi, which is an old art deco apartment building, converted into a condo/hotel (I know, because I actually lived there 10 years ago when it was still a rental building, and when the south of 5th area was up and coming). They have suites with full kitchens, and it is 1/2 block from the beach in the south of 5th area.

BlueHerons, thanks for the suggestions. I really like the South Seas Hotel, have you stayed there before?

Yes, I've stayed there on multiple occaisions. It is one of the last moderately priced oceanfront hotels on Collins. It is sandwiched between the very swanky Surfcomber, Ritz-Carlton, Setai, Shore Club, Delano, etc. All those hotels go for in excess of $500 per night in season. The Setai starts at $1000 per night.

Yes, I've stayed there on multiple occaisions. It is one of the last moderately priced oceanfront hotels on Collins. It is sandwiched between the very swanky Surfcomber, Ritz-Carlton, Setai, Shore Club, Delano, etc. All those hotels go for in excess of $500 per night in season. The Setai starts at $1000 per night.

Thanks BlueHerons, we decided on the new Hilton Cabana so we will see, once we stay I can report back with their report card and pics. Setai- I need to win the lotto for that one.:eek:

Thanks BlueHerons, we decided on the new Hilton Cabana so we will see, once we stay I can report back with their report card and pics. Setai- I need to win the lotto for that one.:eek:

Do they have a pool? Please do report back with a trip report. One of my favorite restaurants in South Florida is The Forge about ten blocks south of you.

Make sure to dress up and go by for a cocktail unless you don't mind shelling out big bucks to eat. My girlfriend and I will go for wine and split appetizers but it is definitely a cool scene. You may spot a celeb or two there.

http://www.TheForge.com

Edited by BlueHerons

Do they have a pool? Please do report back with a trip report. One of my favorite restaurants in South Florida is The Forge about ten blocks south of you.

Make sure to dress up and go by for a cocktail unless you don't mind shelling out big bucks to eat. My girlfriend and I will go for wine and split appetizers but it is definitely a cool scene. You may spot a celeb or two there.

http://www.TheForge.com

Copied from the Hiltons website....

Hotel amenities include two outdoor pools, L'echon Brasserie which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, lobby bar, complimentary Business Center, complimentary Fitness Center, Concierge Desk and beach-side service and activities. The hotel has three unique venues to host a small meeting or event.

It looks really nice says its in the up coming market called "Millionaire's Row" that is filled with shopping, restaurants, nightlife and entertainment. I've never been to Miami so this and all the local attractions are all new to me so I'm not sure what is good and what to avoid. Hopefully this will be a good choice and if not I can always report back and warn others.:(

Hotel amenities include two outdoor pools, L'echon Brasserie which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, lobby bar, complimentary Business Center, complimentary Fitness Center, Concierge Desk and beach-side service and activities. The hotel has three unique venues to host a small meeting or event.

It looks really nice says its in the up coming market called "Millionaire's Row" that is filled with shopping, restaurants, nightlife and entertainment. I've never been to Miami so this and all the local attractions are all new to me so I'm not sure what is good and what to avoid. Hopefully this will be a good choice and if not I can always report back and warn others.:(

Millionaire's Row is basically the area along Collins Avenue from the Fountainbleu hotel north towards where your hotel is/will be. (Oh by the way, be sure to check out the Fountainbleu as it is ultra swanky, with a great pool, restaurants, and nightclub(s)!) Millionaire's Row features wall-to-wall upscale condos and resorts (look across Collins Avenue towards the Intracoastal, and you will see multi-million dollar homes and yachts).

Starting just a block or so north of your hotel is considered the North Beach area of Miami Beach. The area was rather depressing for quite some time with empty businesses and run-down apartments and hotels, however the City of Miami Beach has done some considerable improvements to the area to attract more upscale clientele. The area still cannot compete with South Beach, but they are trying to keep the locals/tourists in the area by adding some newer restaurants and revitalizing the existing establishments (up to 71st St). North of 71st St is more residential, so there is nothing to see past there.

It's been called Millionaire's Row by realtors for at least 30 years. No one who lives there calls it that. Mid Beach for the locals.

How is the Richmond? I saw the deal on expedia. I am looking for something to do for the day in Miami as I have a 6pm flight out after my cruise on Feb 16th. I was thinking of booking a hotel room somewhere to use the beach and pool for the day. I will be traveling with my 11 year old son.

I stayed there last year for the South Beach Food & Wine Festival. Family-owned, clean, comfortable, nice pool with beach access, and best of all is there is no resort fee. I would stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Millionaire's Row is basically the area along Collins Avenue from the Fountainbleu hotel north towards where your hotel is/will be. (Oh by the way, be sure to check out the Fountainbleu as it is ultra swanky, with a great pool, restaurants, and nightclub(s)!) Millionaire's Row features wall-to-wall upscale condos and resorts (look across Collins Avenue towards the Intracoastal, and you will see multi-million dollar homes and yachts).

Starting just a block or so north of your hotel is considered the North Beach area of Miami Beach. The area was rather depressing for quite some time with empty businesses and run-down apartments and hotels, however the City of Miami Beach has done some considerable improvements to the area to attract more upscale clientele. The area still cannot compete with South Beach, but they are trying to keep the locals/tourists in the area by adding some newer restaurants and revitalizing the existing establishments (up to 71st St). North of 71st St is more residential, so there is nothing to see past there.

Awesome, Thanks for all your help and knowledge. I know we will be visiting the south beach area, is it within walking distance of the North Beach area or should we drive?

Don't stay at a hotel called "Hawaii Hotel"... Its in a great location with the ocean right across the street... But its a horrible disgusting place with no working AC. In the same area is a very affordable Days Inn. Its in Miami Beach where you originally said you wanted to stay. This will be our hotel for now on.