New Menu change-over schedule?

13cheermom

Just curious if anyone knows of a set schedule of when new menus will be implemented across the fleet of Carnival ships? I have read where the 4 ships they are testing it out on is posted, but wondered about the rest of the ships. Will be going on the Conquest this fall and was curious if we would still have the old menus or the new ones. Anybody know for sure about this? Thanks in advance!!:)

Looks like we might not ever get an answer for this, everyone seems to be interested but no one knows?? :confused: This post will probably get buried rather quickly :(

I have not seen any discussion of roll out past the ships that have it now.

I know "fleet-wide" is/was the plan - but nothing more definite regarding the timeframe has been discussed here, on Heald's blog or fb page that I have seen.

Well based on the general opinion on here, I haven't seen a positive response about the new menus. I know they are asking for opinion surveys based on these trial periods, wonder if they will actually respond accordingly. Even though I welcome change as much as the next person, I kinda hate to see some of my favorites disappear.:p Guess we will just have to wait and see! Thanks for your input!:)

There are many things that I do like about the new menu too, like being able to order whichever sauce I like with my main, and also tailor my side dishes to my liking.

But like you, I will miss lots of the "old" menu. The soups for one, as well as the cheese plate on the dessert menu, and many of the desserts like creme brule, and the diet cakes (pumpkin pie excepted), and lots of other items, but Im ready and willing to accept some change.

I still find the "for the table items" confusing though, and since I now cruise solo mostly, wonder if I can get those items in a serving for one. I guess I will have to wait for a solo cruiser to come back and do a dining review.

My next cruise is not till November, but it would be nice to know what to expect.

I was wondering the same thing because I wanted to figure out which night to reserve the steakhouse, on an evening I wouldn't want to eat in the MDR. It would be nice to know something for certain soon so I don't have to just guess.

Edited to add: Actually I don't even know if the new menu is already on the Breeze. Which ships are testing it now?

Edited by minerva78

Just curious if anyone knows of a set schedule of when new menus will be implemented across the fleet of Carnival ships? I have read where the 4 ships they are testing it out on is posted, but wondered about the rest of the ships. Will be going on the Conquest this fall and was curious if we would still have the old menus or the new ones. Anybody know for sure about this? Thanks in advance!!:)

You never know they were supposed to be out this month.

You never know they were supposed to be out this month.

Was that ever "official" or just speculation??

The articles/postings I saw stated the roll out to the Inspiration and Imagination - still "testing" - was to happen in February and that seems to be on track.

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by happy cruzin

Per John Heald this morning, there is still no scheduled fleet wide roll-out. They are still tweaking the menus.

I hope as they are tweaking they will listen to loyal cruisers about the desserts. I realize the old favorites were likely time consuming to make and certainly more expensive than a pie, but they were what I looked forward to.

I have seen some recent Liberty reviews that talk about the food being good. But not so positive on the new dessert selections.