BASIC drink package experience assistance

cruisegirl1

Hey Everyone - another question about the classic package.

I know the limits on the drinks but I am still a bit confused.

For example - the wine it says a glass up to $8.

So does that include $8 glasses or is that another way of saying that the drink would need to be under $8 - so I would need to find drinks that are $7.99 or less.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone - another question about the classic package.

I know the limits on the drinks but I am still a bit confused.

For example - the wine it says a glass up to $8.

So does that include $8 glasses or is that another way of saying that the drink would need to be under $8 - so I would need to find drinks that are $7.99 or less.

Thanks!

You are good at $8.00;)

Thanks all - I think we'll be fine with the classic package. If we want a better drink - we'll pay.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. Its 11.5 to upgrade, so if you have just one drink per day over the clsasic price limit its worth it to upgrade.

2. Both of you don't have to upgrade. No sharing, but if you think one of you might want these types of drinks more than the other, then upgrading for that person might be worth it.

Hi I'm going on my first cruise with Celebrity in May and am totally confused about beverage packages. I don't know if I will get a package but will it work out cheaper for me to buy the basic. I do like a glass or two wines with dinner?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I are on the complimentary 123 classic drinks package next year, I only drink beer, vodka and wine (not at same time;)) so classic is good enough for me, but my wife likes fancy cocktails/martinis. Can anyone tell me if she alone upgrades to Premium would her premium priced drinks still be free from service charges as per the free classic package or would she

(ultimately me:o) be charged 15% just on these 'fancy' drinks?

My wife and I are on the complimentary 123 classic drinks package next year, I only drink beer, vodka and wine (not at same time;)) so classic is good enough for me, but my wife likes fancy cocktails/martinis. Can anyone tell me if she alone upgrades to Premium would her premium priced drinks still be free from service charges as per the free classic package or would she

(ultimately me:o) be charged 15% just on these 'fancy' drinks?

When you upgrade, you will pay $11.50 ($10 + $1.50) per day. The $1.50 is the "service charge" so, NO, you will not pay anything extra for drinks purchased with the premium package as long as the base price for the drink is $13.

Edited by wpgcycler

Another question! We will be sailing on the Summit in April. This will be our first celebrity cruise since 2007, so I am sure things have changed since our last cruise! We are Elite CC members and will be traveling with our DD6. We don't really drink, but have an occasional beer or mojito. We don't drink soda, but we do drink a lot of Latte's and bottled water. What is the best package to get?

We are sailing the southern Caribbean route and plan on spending a lot of time on the ship while in port. TIA!

Edited by hardingk

If you can drink 8 drinks a day (or if it's just the convenience) that's all that really matters. Everyone is different.

Not sure why you quoted 8 drinks. For our 123Go, I was waffling between OBC and Classic package. Then I figured out if I use OBC for drinks, it's about $12 a day per person, so 1 mixed drink and 1 coffee is already that amount, so package is the way to go (especially after I read that smaller martinis are included!)

Now I wonder if anyone can tell me if Caipirinha, our favourite drink, is available and included?

When you upgrade, you will pay $11.50 ($10 + $1.50) per day. The $1.50 is the "service charge" so, NO, you will not pay anything extra for drinks purchased with the premium package as long as the base price for the drink is $13.

Thanks for prompt reply, will wait until aboard and see how it goes:D

We did not upgrade from the Classic Package. I was able to get cosmopolitans in a smaller size. i don't know what vodka they used, but it the cosmos were smooth and didn't burn the throat so it had to be a 'good' vodka.

The Sommelier kept us in the right price range with wines. They were fine - nothing fancy but certainly 'drinkable' and enjoyable with dinner.

We were able to get the frozen alcoholic drinks, cafe mochas, cappucinos, espressos, various frozen/cold/iced coffees, soda and bottled water all on the package. We were never thirsty nor did we feel deprived.

My best advice is to wait until you are onboard. If you are able to enjoy your preferred drinks with the classic package - then no need to upgrade.

If you're on a ship with a Michael's Club 64 craft beer selection, most of the "good" beers are over $6.

The Molecular Bar--all cocktails are $12

The Martini Bar--Most are $10, but you can get regular drinks also--Gin and Tonic, Jack and Coke, etc. If you want the better booze in your drinks, like Pravda Vodka, premuim is the answer.

If you can do without any of the above, stay classic.

Repeat.

If you're on a ship with a Michael's Club 64 craft beer selection, most of the "good" beers are over $6.

The Molecular Bar--all cocktails are $12

The Martini Bar--Most are $10, but you can get regular drinks also--Gin and Tonic, Jack and Coke, etc. If you want the better booze in your drinks, like Pravda Vodka, premuim is the answer.

If you can do without any of the above, stay classic.

Repeat.

Thanks GSB, yes I can go without those items for 2 weeks. On our recent 14 night cruise, some days I never bothered with any cocktails and just drank the wine we purchased for dinner, or what we brought on board. I have opportunities to have creative cocktails or premium beers and will not miss it for 2 weeks. Or – I’ll order one, when I want it.

Celebrity also provides me with a generous Elite beverage (alcohol or coffee) benefit. I am not a heavy daytime drinker, rarely drink alcohol by the pool, have a port intensive European cruise and think the classic package will be fine. Last cruise there were many days that I did not drink alcohol at all – or just had a small amount of wine. Either we did not go to the Elite function, or I ordered club soda and maybe had a half a glass of wine with dinner. Purchasing a package is generally not cost effective for me, but the option to have it as a perk seems like a good idea.

After reading some other comments, and seeing the lists, I believe the limited selection will be fine for the two weeks.

Thanks for your suggestions.

M

We were just on the 10 night Equinox sailing and several of us had the classic package.

We never felt the need to upgrade. We are not high end alcohol drinkers, and don't care for wine- so it worked for us.

The only place we couldn't get a martini was the Martini bar. They would not make the smaller size, but all the rest of the bars would.

Was great for any drinks at the coffee bar -with or without alcohol.

Pretty much any mixed cocktail was good - so unless you really must have the $$$ liquor,, the classic should be fine.

My favorite thing about either beverage package is no signing and no receipts !

ANd of course, great to grab a bottle of water as you were heading into port -

Also, yes, one person in cabin can upgrade without the other !

Enjoy !

We were just on the 10 night Equinox sailing and several of us had the classic package.

We never felt the need to upgrade. We are not high end alcohol drinkers, and don't care for wine- so it worked for us.

The only place we couldn't get a martini was the Martini bar. They would not make the smaller size, but all the rest of the bars would.

Was great for any drinks at the coffee bar -with or without alcohol.

Pretty much any mixed cocktail was good - so unless you really must have the $$$ liquor,, the classic should be fine.

My favorite thing about either beverage package is no signing and no receipts !

ANd of course, great to grab a bottle of water as you were heading into port -

Also, yes, one person in cabin can upgrade without the other !

Enjoy !

And the Molecular Bar wouldn't work for you:(.

We did not upgrade from the Classic Package. I was able to get cosmopolitans in a smaller size. i don't know what vodka they used, but it the cosmos were smooth and didn't burn the throat so it had to be a 'good' vodka.

The Sommelier kept us in the right price range with wines. They were fine - nothing fancy but certainly 'drinkable' and enjoyable with dinner.

We were able to get the frozen alcoholic drinks, cafe mochas, cappucinos, espressos, various frozen/cold/iced coffees, soda and bottled water all on the package. We were never thirsty nor did we feel deprived.

My best advice is to wait until you are onboard. If you are able to enjoy your preferred drinks with the classic package - then no need to upgrade.

Pretty good advice thanks, think we will go with that:)

Can someone tell me can you bring alcohol on board. I read that someone did,does it depend on who you cruise with?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The "rules" say only 2 bottles of wine per stateroom (750ml).

It seems that most everyone upgrades – which I hope not to do. I really don’t want to have to add another $300 to use the free benefit just to be able to drink a decent basic drink. We are wine drinkers and will likely order nice bottles of wine for dinner. We qualify for the Elite cocktails hours and the Elite breakfast.

Is there anyone who has not upgraded the basic alcohol package and can report their experience.

Thanks,

M

IMHO, there is no need to upgrade. Our friends did not on our last sailing on the Reflection, and were very happy with their drink choices. They were never without one!

At dinner the Som would bring out a bottle covered by our Premium pkg and pour for the 4 of us, and never upcharged the others.

Someone posted this once before but here it is again.

Classic Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

I can't see Cointreau but I don't see why it wouldn't be on here :)

Someone posted this once before but here it is again.

Classic Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

I can't see Cointreau but I don't see why it wouldn't be on here :)

Thanks, I also saw the list and cointreau was not listed on either package. Guess I'll find out when we board the ship.