Anyone that's used cavetubing.bz-question...?

cruizinisthebest

Just search in this forum. Lots of reviews.

Thanks but for one thing, the search feature has been quirky lately. Not working sometimes like this morning. I tried searching before I posted the question. Second, I wasn't sure if any review would state what time their tours started.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This was our experience...

We didn't get off on the first tender, but they were still waiting for us Terminal 1 in the port. As they get enough people, they take a group to the caves. There were 9 of us in our van...5 in our party and 2 other couples.

The hike to the caves is about 3/4 of a mile. There a plenty of stops, but it is hilly and there are a lot of rocks and it can be slick. Fortunately .bz is one of the only companies that doesn't require you to carry your tube. It'll be waiting for you at the river. Our whole excursion took over 5 hours, but we still had time to catch the tender. They're very aware of the times and will make sure you get back in time.

Excellent company and one of our favorite excursions ever!

Howdy,

We just got back from our cavetubing trip with bz. If you see their website, they tell you where to meet up with them. I could go check, but I going to be lazy and say that I think we just walked out terminal 1. They are standing there in their yellow shirts waiting on passengers. Once they have enough for a van, off you go on your adventure.

We were a group of 7 only doing the cavetubing, while the other 7 in our van were doing both the cavetubing and ziplining. They dropped the zipliners off first and then took us to the national park for cavetubing. We took a very sloooooow and leisurely walk looking at all the bugs, plants, trees and stuff. Basically, our guide is taking his time to permit the 7others from ziplining to catch up with us. Some might not be happy with the dawdling, but I enjoyed it. Our guide, Alfredo, made several attempts to find a tarantula spider, but was unsuccessful. He also found a nest of termites, got a bunch of them on his finger, held it up to us and asked if anyone wanted to taste them. I wanted to taste them, but looking at the bugs on his finger, thought I am not sticking his finger in my mouth to taste the termites. So I walked over to the termite nest got my own finger full of termites to taste. They don't really taste like anything I've had before.

Once we reached the river to put in, we waited about 10 minutes for the last 7 zipliners to join us. Watching the other groups drop their butts down into the tube from the dock was interesting. Our guide gave us a much more non embarrassing method of sitting down into the tube, rather that dropping your backside in from way above the water. We enjoyed the trip through the caves, then back to the van to change into our dry clothes. Back to the bz's basecamp for a quick lunch of rice, beans and chicken with coke in a bottle. Then another hour ride back to the ship. It was a long day, but we made it back with a couple of hours left for shopping before having to catch the tender back to the ship.

Feel free to ask additional questions

Thanks

ddaz

GBY

Edited by ddaz

We have went with them twice now and highly recommend them. They always tell you to get off on the first tender (which we all know that this is not always possible), but they usually bring more than 1 bus to accommodate everyone. They always wait for everyone as well. We have always returned in plenty of time to walk around the port to shop, take pictures, and then tender back to the ship.

I have 2 reviews listed in my signature line with tons of pictures (especially the second review) if you are interested in it. It will give you a good idea of how the day goes when you book with them. :)

Can you tell me what you do with your personal belongings while you are cave tubing?

Overwhelming,

We left our personal belongings in the van. I had a plastic pouch which I wore on a strap around my neck for my cash, sign & sail card and id. It never got wet. But our change of clothes, towels and other items were left in a tote bag in the van. All perfectly safe!

Hope this helps.

Thanks

ddaz

GBY

We have went with them twice now and highly recommend them. They always tell you to get off on the first tender (which we all know that this is not always possible), but they usually bring more than 1 bus to accommodate everyone. They always wait for everyone as well. We have always returned in plenty of time to walk around the port to shop, take pictures, and then tender back to the ship.

I have 2 reviews listed in my signature line with tons of pictures (especially the second review) if you are interested in it. It will give you a good idea of how the day goes when you book with them. :)

Read both of your reviews. Thanks. They are great. My biggest concern is that the bus ride then the hike will render my kids tired and uninterested by the time we get to the actual tubing. The company emailed me since I started this thread and answered all my questions. If we do this excursion, it will definitely be with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If anyone has done a cave tubing excursion with this company, can you tell me the pick-up time once you tender to the port and about what time you got back? Is there only one pick-up time or what? Also, exactly how long is the trek to the caves?

Thanks in advance!

Just email questions to them off of web site contact.

But I try to give you what I remember AsaP after ship arrives, they will let you know when you book and they send you confirmation e mail.

about 45 min.

EXCELLANT TOUR WILL DO IT AGAIN WHEN IN BELIZE

our favorite tour guide is Gilberto Perez

Happy Tubin

MEL:eek:

To anyone who has been on this trip... how low is the cave ceiling. My wife is OK with dark spaces but not confined spaces. How many times are you unable to see the entry/exit?

We want to zipline and it seems like it really is a waste to zip line and NOT cave tub. so... just trying to figure out how bad this may be.

She loves lazy rivers and floating in the water but I am just nervous for how tight this gets.

Thanks!

I don't feel that the ceilings are that low. Most of them are really high up (IMO). The river itself is pretty wide in the caves, so no worries about that either.

As for the light...we never really had a time that there wasn't "some" type of light, either at the ends of the tunnels, the openings along the way on the sides, and especially everyone with their lights on their helmets. There is a time that they tell everyone to turn their lights off to see how dark it gets, but you have to remember, there are a lot of other tours along the way too and they usually have their lights on while your group may have them off. So there's always "some" type of light from somewhere. If she has a problem, she can always tell the tour guide her concerns and I'm sure they would put her at ease or let her keep hers on. :)

To anyone who has been on this trip... how low is the cave ceiling. My wife is OK with dark spaces but not confined spaces. How many times are you unable to see the entry/exit?

We want to zipline and it seems like it really is a waste to zip line and NOT cave tub. so... just trying to figure out how bad this may be.

She loves lazy rivers and floating in the water but I am just nervous for how tight this gets.

Thanks!

Yeah what Mitsugirly said a deffinent do !! should be no problems with tight spaces, have been on plenty of cave tubings that could be considered claustrophobic but NOT this one.

If you a going to Roatan there a no fewer than 5 zip line companies there one you can walk to from the ship or use VictorBoddenTours.com

Happy ZIPPPPPPPPPPPPPlining

Mel:rolleyes:

Along the same lines, if someone is not comfortable going tubing, is there somewhere they can wait on the group?

Mitsugirly- have enjoyed all your reviews. Think we may also try Chankanaab in Cozumel.

I would contact the operator to make sure, but there is a park at the drop off point where vendors are selling stuff. You could probably hang out there. It had bathrooms and it looked like you could explore the grounds.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.