OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

I had a crew member show me the cabins on deck 12. The hallways are all carpeted and look complete. The cabins are all carpeted, but all are in a state of work. They have dressers and things that will eventually be up against the wall, but were in the center of the room with wires and items still hanging. The passengers on the 2/23 will be the first to use these cabins. The views from the windows in the cabin was pretty nice. Ready to be in my cabin on the 3/2 cruise.

We met your wife in the elevator. Too funny! So sorry you were not with her. Cindy..did you ever call our cabin? We did show it to several people. And we met someone else that crew took to the 12 deck new cabins..we tried.. but could not get in.

Good cruise.. started out a little bumpy..even for an old sea dog..yet cleared up nicely..enjoyed the dinning room more then Mariner.. Also loved the view in the Diamond Lounge. I have some pics I can post if Cindy doesnt mind me using her thread..

Did you feel much movement up there, or on the ship in general when far forward? Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We went up to deck 12 when we were docked in Cozumel so can't answer that for you. For me personally movement does not bother me so I am not concerned about movement. I have been on a deck 10 near front of ship during a cruise and you can notice it slightly, but different people react differently to the movement. If I am going before you on the 3/2 cruise I can report back after a week in the cabin.

I don't have much to compare to, but this felt too much like a shakedown cruise. I waited for drinks almost every time I ordered. The bars felt understaffed as did the windjammer cafe.

The function of things reminded me of a cheap beachside hotel. elevator buttons and sliding door sensors (or buttons) not working, lights not working, plumbing problems... It was pretty crazy.

I don't know if I'll book with RCL again.

The function of things reminded me of a cheap beachside hotel. elevator buttons and sliding door sensors (or buttons) not working, lights not working, plumbing problems... It was pretty crazy.

Ok those sound like serious issues...

Hi there Ace1zoe2! Welcome back home, and thanks for the review. I'd like to know whether there was Quest or any karaoke on the ship. I'll be on Navigator in May with some cousins who have never cruised before, and I'd REALLY like for them to experience that among other fun activities. Any insight?

Hi there Ace1zoe2! Welcome back home, and thanks for the review. I'd like to know whether there was Quest or any karaoke on the ship. I'll be on Navigator in May with some cousins who have never cruised before, and I'd REALLY like for them to experience that among other fun activities. Any insight?

As this was only a 4 night cruise, there was no time for Quest and don't know if there was any karaoke. The cruise this week will probably back on schedule and have Quest and all the regular happenings such as karaoke. There was just time time for all the normal functions

Edited by SULROSS

There was karaoke. Normally on a 7 night cruise there is Quest. On this short cruise I did not see Quest advertised.

I don't have much to compare to, but this felt too much like a shakedown cruise. I waited for drinks almost every time I ordered. The bars felt understaffed as did the windjammer cafe.

Yes, agree with some of this 100%. Several light bulbs ( more out then in) in the internet cafe were out, as in other parts of the ship. Paint peeling on our balcony and floors needed vacuuming badly in meeting rooms A & B. Pretty shocked by this. Never saw anyone cleaning elevator buttons as I just did on the Silhouette. They were very dirty on Navigator. The ship did seem understaffed.

Yet it's in our backyard..so we will go again..just know you are not sailing in a 4 or 5 star vessel..more like a Holiday Inn..maybe a bit better.. IMHO

I am not discounting your statements. I just want to add that I was pretty much everywhere on the ship and did not have the same experience. On the final day there were plumbing issues in one of the men's restrooms.

Like I said earlier we had awesome service other than opening day at Izumi being a little slow.

WJ is always crowded on a normal day. Take a delayed departure day & try to feed 2900 people lunch there instead of spread out over multiple venues all there at the same time instead of arriving over several hours if boarding and I don't think anyone could expect there not to be long lines & slow service.

Those were the only two times during the cruise that our service was lacking.

"The girls had Izumi on the first sea day and it was the first time the venue had been open to the public."

Did you have a reservation for Izumi or can you also do walk up if they have space available?

You can make reservations, however we did not. We just walked up about 11:40 and they opened at 12:00 and we were seated shortly after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am not discounting your statements. I just want to add that I was pretty much everywhere on the ship and did not have the same experience. On the final day there were plumbing issues in one of the men's restrooms.

Like I said earlier we had awesome service other than opening day at Izumi being a little slow.

WJ is always crowded on a normal day. Take a delayed departure day & try to feed 2900 people lunch there instead of spread out over multiple venues all there at the same time instead of arriving over several hours if boarding and I don't think anyone could expect there not to be long lines & slow service.

Those were the only two times during the cruise that our service was lacking.

It's a large ship. Experiences vary, certainly. On day one, the forward starboard cabins had plumbing issues on 9 and 10 (we were on 10, and I spoke with some folks on 9 in the same quarter). The WJ service issues I refer to were not on the first on last day when I would expect slow or inattentive staff. This was just all cruise. Delayed departure day? I'm content to prop my head on my duffle and nap on the floor. No, this was the whole cruise. I'm glad the issues appeared to be isolated.

My mechanical problems seemed to be in the forward end. The elevator call buttons on port side elevators on deck 5 didn't both work for me the entire cruise. There was a starboard side elevator that had several buttons on one of the panels that would light up but not stay lit after you pushed them.

I seriously think they were just understaffed. I'm sure there were a lot of changes behind the counters with the refit, and clearly the staff that was working there was slower than expected, or there were not enough of them. The mechanical issues were probably because of the work underway on finishing cabins. Mechanical staff were probably busy elsewhere.

I think it will be a fine ship once they sort those things out. It's just not one yet.

Is it a possibility that those experiences are simply due to the ship getting re-adjusted following the retro-fit? Maybe just a fluke because this is the first sailing post-drydock? Just wondering why you would avoid cruising with Royal based on a single sailing...:confused:

Is the ultimate the 500 or the 400. I am looking at the 400. I don't drink but a few times a year but my friend wants me to get it because she is. Lol

Jamie

The Ultimate is the one that's $55 per day.... worked out to $385 total for the 7 day we were on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app