NCL Dawn - 4-27 Repo Cruise

PGBSAB

Hi All...many of you may know this but I did not regarding documentation for cruises leaving one US port and returning to another. I have a passport but for those who thought a birth certificate would work they may be in for a surprise come sail day...thought I would post this just in case someone did not know.

For open-jaw sailings (cruises that depart from one U.S. port and return to a different U.S. port),[/b] you are required to carry:

A valid passport

U.S. passport card

U.S. or Canadian Enhanced Drivers License

Permanent residents of the U.S. are required to carry their valid ARC cards for boarding AND passport from their country of citizenship, if available.

Note: If you miss your ship at its scheduled U.S. departure port and need to travel outside the U.S. to meet your ship, or should you unexpectedly need to depart the ship from a foreign port prior to the end of sailing, a passport would be required to leave or re-enter the U.S. by air. To that end, Norwegian strongly recommends all guests to obtain a passport for their voyage on any Norwegian vessel.

Hi All...many of you may know this but I did not regarding documentation for cruises leaving one US port and returning to another. I have a passport but for those who thought a birth certificate would work they may be in for a surprise come sail day...thought I would post this just in case someone did not know.

For open-jaw sailings (cruises that depart from one U.S. port and return to a different U.S. port),[/b] you are required to carry:

A valid passport

U.S. passport card

U.S. or Canadian Enhanced Drivers License

Permanent residents of the U.S. are required to carry their valid ARC cards for boarding AND passport from their country of citizenship, if available.

Note: If you miss your ship at its scheduled U.S. departure port and need to travel outside the U.S. to meet your ship, or should you unexpectedly need to depart the ship from a foreign port prior to the end of sailing, a passport would be required to leave or re-enter the U.S. by air. To that end, Norwegian strongly recommends all guests to obtain a passport for their voyage on any Norwegian vessel.

Thanks for posting. This is just another reminder how important passports are. Yes, they seem pricey and somewhat of a bother, but please: everyone get one.