need information on b2b on different ships

ruthie101

We are doing a b2b but the first week is on the Breeze and the 2nd week is on the Conquest. We are planning on taking our time getting off the Breeze and hauling our luggage over to the Conquest but we were wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went.

We did this in January but the reverse..Conquest first then Breeze. It was relatively easy for us..should be easier for you. The Conquest docked at a different terminal, but they had buses to take everyone back to the original terminal. That worked out great. We got off about 9:30..headed to the bus and terminal. .checked our luggage and waited in the VIP lounge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by LindaJSteele

Just did Breeze to Glory last month, very easy, we asked customer service for the last number/33 luggage tags, stayed on the Breeze until the last, went through customs, collected luggage, 7 of us in the group, got very lucky found a porter willing to take our luggage to the other Carnival terminal, we walked over to the other terminal, it took about an hr from 1 ship to the other

We are doing a b2b but the first week is on the Breeze and the 2nd week is on the Conquest. We are planning on taking our time getting off the Breeze and hauling our luggage over to the Conquest but we were wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went.

Its no problem at all.

The ships are just too far apart for me to walk, so I would have to get a taxi.

I'm not sure I would ever do a B2B on a different ship. To me the worst part of a cruise is debarkation and embarkation, so I really like finding a ship that sails alternating itineraries.

Since most ships offer the same menu's and I couldn't care less about who the cruise director is, I would rather be on the same ship for multiple weeks and really enjoy the same crew for multiple weeks.

On my last B2B on the Breeze on the last morning of the 1st leg I went to breakfast in the MDR because I knew I didn't have to be out of my cabin early. I was seated at a large table and one of the guests was being incredibly rude to the head waiter. She was criticizing everything from the way the food was plated, to how he presented the bread basket. If he offered her coffee she would say not yet, but if it was more than a minute later she would yell at him for not coming back.....I just cringed, shook my head and thanked him every time he served me.......At lunch in the buffet that same day, he was cleaning tables and noticed me......he came over and said B2B? I said yes.....he APOLOGIZED for breakfast service......I said he and nothing to apologize for, that lady was being unreasonable and rude and I apologized to him for not speaking up..........

Every time I saw him in the buffet that week he came over and asked if there was anything he could get for me........he wanted me to ask to sit in his section but I wasn't in the same DR I had YTD.......he actually came to the YTD room the next night and found me and told my server who was already one of the best I've ever had to take really good care of me......that I was his special VIP..........so sweet........

We do it all the time..for us its like taking two totally different cruises rather than having the same menu and shows for two weeks....no problem...just get off a little later and get a taxi over to your second ship. Enjoy yourself...

Taking our first B2B in June.. I thought of doing the Breeze and Conquest but didn't want to have to change ships since being able to leave our luggage in our room the last day was one of the things that made the B2B enticing... I wanted the Breeze for the new 2.0 amenities but didn't like the itinerary. When I realized the Freedom was going into dry dock to get 2.0 features it was an easy choice.

But for those that have been on B2B's and had the same dinning room on both cruises.. did they sit you at the same table or did you get different wait staff for the second leg?

Also, has anyone done a B2B on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale? Do they take you off the ship and through customs and then reboard you or are you allowed to stay on the ship between cruises?

But for those that have been on B2B's and had the same dinning room on both cruises.. did they sit you at the same table or did you get different wait staff for the second leg?

If you like your leg 1 waitstaff team then go to the maitre de toward the end of the 1st leg and request them for the second leg

Taking our first B2B in June.. I thought of doing the Breeze and Conquest but didn't want to have to change ships since being able to leave our luggage in our room the last day was one of the things that made the B2B enticing... I wanted the Breeze for the new 2.0 amenities but didn't like the itinerary. When I realized the Freedom was going into dry dock to get 2.0 features it was an easy choice.

Also, has anyone done a B2B on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale? Do they take you off the ship and through customs and then reboard you or are you allowed to stay on the ship between cruises?

We did a B2B on Freedom January 2013. We did get off the ship, through customs, and back on again.

We just got off of our January 2014 B2B on Liberty this past Saturday. We had requested a 2-top in the main area of MDR and we got it. During the week I asked the Maitre'd if we could have the same table for the 2nd week. He said it would be fine except that it was rotation week so our waitstaff would be different. When I talked to our Head Waiter on 1st leg, he said keep the table because he was going to be in a side area where families with children would be. We had an excellent waitstaff each week.

We love doing B2B on the same ship with different itineraries.

Edited by Sparky2

One more thing about doing a B2B on the same ship is that you usually receive a fruit basket & champagne at the beginning of the 2nd leg. I exchanged my champagne for white wine so I can enjoy it in the MDR.

Doing B2B on 2 different ships is not really a B2B. It's 2 separate cruises on 2 different ships so no special perk.