Disney experts, any NY cruises coming?

megann831

a few years ago Disney ran a cruise out of NY or NJ for the summer. We're from NJ and I'd love to take the kids on a Disney cruise, does anyone know if they have any planned for anywhere on the east coast, Maryland and north?

Also, I saw the other day a special on the Disney cruise. I was very impressed so I checked it out online. I was shocked to find a 4 night, inside room would cost my $2000/person. We're used to going away for a week with a balcony for that. Are Disney cruises typically that much more than other lines? Is a Disney cruise a good option for a little girl to have a Disney Princess experience? My kids are almost 2 and 4 now, so they'd probably be 4 and 6 if we ever go. I'm assuming at 6 she'd still be into princesses. I was figuring we'd go to Disney World around then, but I'd rather do the cruise if she'd still get to meet all the princesses.

a few years ago Disney ran a cruise out of NY or NJ for the summer. We're from NJ and I'd love to take the kids on a Disney cruise, does anyone know if they have any planned for anywhere on the east coast, Maryland and north?

Also, I saw the other day a special on the Disney cruise. I was very impressed so I checked it out online. I was shocked to find a 4 night, inside room would cost my $2000/person. We're used to going away for a week with a balcony for that. Are Disney cruises typically that much more than other lines? Is a Disney cruise a good option for a little girl to have a Disney Princess experience? My kids are almost 2 and 4 now, so they'd probably be 4 and 6 if we ever go. I'm assuming at 6 she'd still be into princesses. I was figuring we'd go to Disney World around then, but I'd rather do the cruise if she'd still get to meet all the princesses.

Well, no one knows for sure what the new itineraries (summer/fall 2015)are going to be. There are no NY cruises on the existing itineraries.

Without knowing what cruise you're asking about, I'll just say, yes, DCL tends to be pricier than other cruiselines with the same itineraries. Also when the cruise is will raise the price. Spring break/summer can command some pretty high prices.

Personally, I think cruising DCL is an excellent experience. But, on this board, I'd say we might be a bit prejudiced. :D

This has been asked many times. While I won't say no, Disney has pretty much said flat out the NYC cruises did not meet expectations, so with only 4 ships to deploy I don't see them repeating anytime soon, except maybe as part of a repo from europe.

A 4 night inside room for $2000 per person????? Not sure what dates you are looking at, but I just pulled up 6 different "hypothetical" dates and found an inside cabin for 2 people ranging from $1381 to $1500 including all taxes and fees. Adding a third and 4th person was about $500 per person.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the total. Yes, DCL is high, but not $500 per night for an inside room!

The Magic cruised out of NY the summer of 2012. When she left, I had read that NY was profitable, but not as much as Barcelona so it is important to return. Never say never, but I would imagine that until they build more ships, it is doubtful.

There were discounts on the last NY cruises so they didn't sell out.

The issue with NY isn't just that Barcelona and Alaska cruises start at a higher price point and brings more income to DCL, but also Non cruise fare income is nearly non existent on NY cruises but DCL gets considerable income from Europe and Alaska shore trips.

NY has WDW included and Nassau people tend to go DIY, Castaway in,y has cabana sales.

Europe and Alaska have expensive shore trips that a huge majority if travellers book as they trust Disney and feel less comfortable going DIY. this gives DCL circa 10% income plus clothes sales local to those countries pin trading to the local area currency exchange per and post cruise hotel booking transfers and flights it all boosts income and not just the cruise fare.

Could they go to NY well yes,

Will they, I think they have other priorities.

Worth looking at this painting on the Fantasy,

I think it gives good clues on priorities.

12133102515_94bc45b093_b.jpg

. by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I am going on a CA coastal cruise with my SIL, she was surprised that we were going to Ensenada. I told her because of the Jones Act we had to go to a foreign port. She said that was not true because Disney does a 2 day cruise of New York and never goes to a foreign country. I said it probably went to Nassau, she said no it just sailed around the harbor for two days. She has been on two cruises I have been on over 40, and I might be wrong, so I thought I would check here to see where the NY cruises went and how long they are.

She thought because it was Disney they didnt have to follow the Jones Act. Not sure where she got that idea.

Everytime I mention anything about our cruise, she says Well Disney doesnt do it that way.... its going to be a long 7 days

just shoot me now!!!!

I am going on a CA coastal cruise with my SIL, she was surprised that we were going to Ensenada. I told her because of the Jones Act we had to go to a foreign port. She said that was not true because Disney does a 2 day cruise of New York and never goes to a foreign country. I said it probably went to Nassau, she said no it just sailed around the harbor for two days. She has been on two cruises I have been on over 40, and I might be wrong, so I thought I would check here to see where the NY cruises went and how long they are.

She thought because it was Disney they didnt have to follow the Jones Act. Not sure where she got that idea.

Everytime I mention anything about our cruise, she says Well Disney doesnt do it that way.... its going to be a long 7 days

just shoot me now!!!!

Firstly, it's the PVSA (Passenger Vessel Services Act) not the Jones Act. They basically say the same thing, but the Jones Act pertains to cargo, the PVSA, obviously to passengers.

Since a 2 day Cruise to Nowhere doesn't go to any other ports between embarkation and disembarkation, it doesn't have to go to a foreign port of any type.

All cruiselines that do the Cruises to Nowhere would be the same.

Any cruise that starts and ends in the same US port WITH stops at other ports must stop at a foreign port. Any foreign port.

A cruise that starts in one US city and ends in a different US city must stop at a distant foreign port. The definition of nearby foreign port (as opposed to distant foreign port) is:

A “nearby foreign port” is defined as "any port in North America, Central America, the Bermuda Islands, or the West Indies (including the Bahama Islands, but not including the Leeward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, i.e., Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao)." 19 CFR § 4.80a(a)(2).

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/trade/legal/informed_compliance_pubs/pvsa_icp.ctt/pvsa_icp.pdf

Now, go and wow her with your knowledge.

Thanks but I want to know about the Disney cruise from NY

They did 2 night cruises to nowhere.

This cruise doesn't require a foreign port stop.

5 night cruises to Canada - stops in Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John, New Brunswick.

8 night cruises to the Bahamas - stops in Nassau, Castaway Cay, and Port Canaveral.

These cruises only require any foreign port stop.

They did 2 night cruises to nowhere.

This cruise doesn't require a foreign port stop.

5 night cruises to Canada - stops in Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John, New Brunswick.

8 night cruises to the Bahamas - stops in Nassau, Castaway Cay, and Port Canaveral.

These cruises only require any foreign port stop.

I hope they do a cruise to nowhere again