How to switch cruisers on reservation?

LissyTx

My Dad booked a cabin - and likely other family members will go instead of him. We love the cabin location and its cheaper than what its going for currently - so we don't want to lose the particular cabin. What is the best way to switch the passengers for his cabin? (We are before final payment, but I didn't just want to cancel and rebook - and possibly lose the cabin or pay a different fare.)

Thanks!

My Dad booked a cabin - and likely other family members will go instead of him. We love the cabin location and its cheaper than what its going for currently - so we don't want to lose the particular cabin. What is the best way to switch the passengers for his cabin? (We are before final payment, but I didn't just want to cancel and rebook - and possibly lose the cabin or pay a different fare.)

Thanks!

If you booked directly through RCI ten just call them. Not an issue with changing people even after final payment. One persons name from the original reservation needs to remain the same.

Same rules if you used a TA except that you must call your TA nad have them call RCI.

Is Dad in that cabin solo? If so, you may loose the cabin when taking his name off and adding others. If your lucky, the switch can be made and the cabin will still be available - however - you will definitely loose the pricing as another poster mentioned 1 original name needs to be kept on the booking in order to keep it.

Thanks!

if he is the only person on the reservation/in the cabin you cannot keep the same pricing and it is possible that in the 5 minutes between canceling and rebooking it will disappear entirely.

if he is just one person out of at least 2 then just call and make the name change.

In order to avoid the risk of loosing the cabin, I wonder if the first step should be to add and additional person to the cabin, then to drop the original person.

Similar situation on one of my booked cruises. I only originally put one person in the cabin though when i booked it online. Has anyone ever tried to add a second person and then later remove the first person and not have the rate change? I don't want to lose my amazing rate on the cabin. Just wondering if anyone has ever attempted this approach.

In order to avoid the risk of loosing the cabin, I wonder if the first step should be to add and additional person to the cabin, then to drop the original person.

It might work to hold the cabin - but I have a feeling if the original person is dropped you would loose the original pricing - interesting - would like to know how that turns out

Similar situation on one of my booked cruises. I only originally put one person in the cabin though when i booked it online. Has anyone ever tried to add a second person and then later remove the first person and not have the rate change? I don't want to lose my amazing rate on the cabin. Just wondering if anyone has ever attempted this approach.

Has anyone tried what TubbyMrT and Beautiful thing suggest? Thats what I am thinking of doing, but if it won't work and I'll lose the rate, I'd rather know that now before rates increase. Thanks for any help!!!

might not be possible if the lifeboat capacity in that section has been reached.

Has anyone tried what TubbyMrT and Beautiful thing suggest? Thats what I am thinking of doing, but if it won't work and I'll lose the rate, I'd rather know that now before rates increase. Thanks for any help!!!

I'll *bet* that will work just fine, but that's only a guess on my part, and I agree I'd like to hear from someone who's tried it successfully. Often stuff like that works primarily because its a case they hadn't thought of!

Kind of like - if you have a hotel reservation with a 48 hour cancellation policy, and something arises last minute that requires you to cancel - call up the reservations number and ask to have the reservation moved to the following week (instead of cancelled) due to a last minute business meeting change.

Then, call back a day later and cancel, you're well outside of the 48 hours at this point! Works every time! :D

Unless someone posts they have done it successfully - I think the only way you will know is if you try it.

I spoke to Royal and they said 1 of the original names had to remain the same - so no dice! We can keep the cabin but have to pay the current fare - which is $400 per person more. (The way they keep the same cabin is to setup a new reservation first - and wait list the previous cabin number. Then they cancel the existing reservation.) Looks like grandparents won't be going with us or we'll have to pick a new week.