Sea sickness remedies

I always buy Kwells for holidays. I take one before getting on the plane and use them in rough seas :rolleyes:

Before going away for New Year, I went to several chemists, but nobody had them. I bought Joy Rides, which contain the same ingredients (hyoscine hydrobromide) but cost more as they are half the strength of Kwells, so adults have to take two. Still any port in a storm - sorry :o :D

I have since tried several times to buy Kwells in various chemists and towns, but they all say "Sorry, we haven't had any for months" I have had to buy Joy Rides again.

I know Stugeron are supposed to be very good, but I don't really want to try something else, when I know Kwells work well for me and you can take them even after the sea has got rough :)

Trawling the 'net I found an American woman had said they are only available on prescription in the USA, so wonder if they are going the same way here :confused:

If so, I had better order them now, as you now have to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment at our doctors :eek:

We have tried many brands over the years and ended up using Kwells as the ones that best suit us.

Travel-eez totally zonked me out, we don't use them now:rolleyes:

However, on the last cruise P&O sold us some of these:

http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk//medicines/avomine-25mg-tablets-10-/prod_8694.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=CLL1ku6WtbwCFdShtAodgVYA1w

These are the best we have ever had, no drowsiness at all.

Not saying they will suit everyone, but they work for us and we will try and source some on the high street before we next go.

As Spike Milligan once said... "the best cure for sea sickness is to sit under a tree"

I use Boots "own brand" (not sure what they are called) as Stugeron has to be taken 2 hours before the sea gets rough which is rather difficult to know.
Hi Malch, They didn't have their own brand either in Boots, although I have used them before and they did make me very drowsy. I think that they have another ingredient in them to Kwells.

There does seem to be a shortage of them:confused: Have a look on ebay, there are packets of 12 selling for £34.99 :eek::eek:

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I tried to get some Traveleeze last August but could not get them. Apparently there had been a factory fire where one of the ingredients was manufactured which also affected other medicines. However, Boots had Kwells, so I bought 2 packets and still have them because I didn't need them. A few weeks later I saw Traveleeze on the shelf, so if you see them get them while you can. :):D

I tried to get some Traveleeze last August but could not get them. Apparently there had been a factory fire where one of the ingredients was manufactured which also affected other medicines. However, Boots had Kwells, so I bought 2 packets and still have them because I didn't need them. A few weeks later I saw Traveleeze on the shelf, so if you see them get them while you can. :):D

Ah, that makes sense Jackie. The man in Boots said they had had trouble getting hold of hyoscine.

I find Traveleeze make me sleepy. They are much bigger and I think they contain something more than Kwells :confused: Joy Rides are the same as Kwells, just dearer :(

Linda I have a packet of Travel Calm, boots own make with the ingredients you wanted, I was going to offer to send them to you but checked the sell by date first............2009:eek::eek: I won't bother.;):o.

Lol. I have spent the afternoon getting my toiletries, etc., sorted out ready to pack and have thrown out two or three items that are well over the sell by date! :eek: