Spring 2015 cruisers!!!!

MikeNKim

Good morning everyone its finally Saturday and I thought I was going to be able to sleep in but my 5 yr old had other plans for me :( O well I'm up now and thought I should check in since I hadn't had a chance recently.

PTangel~ Congrats on your 2 lb loss that is great especially considering your injury, glad to hear your getting back on track.

Jayne62~WOW 4.8 lbs that's AWESOME :D great job!!

Bahamma Mamma~ I'm glad to hear your feeling better and remember a loss is a loss which is always a win!! Congrats on your .6 loss and I'm sure being sick had everything to do with it and like you said next week will be better.

As for me my WI is tomorrow and I had a pretty good week yesterday I walked 3 miles on my treadmill and by the end of the day I had walked over 12,000 steps in one day so my legs are pretty sore this morning. Ok my coffee is now ready so I must go drink up to wake up. Talk with yall later.

Chel

Edited by chelllll

Wow, lots of nice losses on here. Congrats to all.

Bahama Mama, I think I found your cold. I had a headcold last week that turned into Bronchitis this week. No excuses, but I only got in 2 workouts and even they were pretty pathetic as I felt so lousy.

Weigh-in yesterday, I was up .6 of a pound. As mentioned above, not sure how one can gain when in bed sick, but it happeded. I had been eating a lot of Cambell's Chicken Noodle soup which made me feel better but is also loaded with sodium, so no clue.

I'm still not at 100%, but will just keep on keeping on.

*** just a note, but I must be losing inches even though the scale is not budging too much. I have found that my undies, TMI I know, are now too big. They want to slip down. While at Walmart yesterday, I grabbed a few pairs in a smaller size. So woo-hoo for the small things. :D

Who ever said the last 10 lbs were the hardest was right-on.

Wishing everyone a great weekend,

Cari H.

Bahama Mama, I think I found your cold. I had a headcold last week that turned into Bronchitis this week. No excuses, but I only got in 2 workouts and even they were pretty pathetic as I felt so lousy.

Weigh-in yesterday, I was up .6 of a pound. As mentioned above, not sure how one can gain when in bed sick, but it happeded. I had been eating a lot of Cambell's Chicken Noodle soup which made me feel better but is also loaded with sodium, so no clue.

*** just a note, but I must be losing inches even though the scale is not budging too much. I have found that my undies, TMI I know, are now too big. They want to slip down. While at Walmart yesterday, I grabbed a few pairs in a smaller size. So woo-hoo for the small things. :D

Cari H.

:eek: I'm so sorry Cari!!! I hope you are feeling better soon! It is so frustrating when you are so motivated and can't do anything about it.

I'll be you have a huge loss next week. That .6 was all water gain from all that soup!! Drink lots of water this week and flush it out and you will have a big drop!! That's kinda exciting!!

Congrats on the undies!! Good thing you bought new ones right away...I started noticing it and let it go..then when I was doing my workouts they kept falling off...its was so annoying! I learned my lesson quickly on that one!

Thanks Bridgette. Love that name BTW.

Just wanted to ask if anyone here has tried the Morning Star Farms brand soy crumbles ? It looks a lot like ground beef and I was thinking that it may be good to use for tacos. I am sick of chicken tacos and long for a beef one but don't want to use the points for the ground beef. The Laura's lean ground beef is great but just went up to $7.99 for a 12 oz package. Yikes......

If anyone has any input on the crumbles, let me know. Walmart sells them in an easy pour bag for $8.99. I like that I would be able to pour out just what I need so I may give it a try.

***** Chell, good luck on the scale today !!!!!!

Thanks,

Cari.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Cari H.

It's funny that you mention the undies. I was so upset when I gained weight that I had to go up a size. I felt awesome when I had to go back down to my regular size last month. It really is the small things!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mist_ynight

If anyone here is interested, just wanted to share that I bought a bag of the Morning Star Farms meal-starters crumbles. I found a smaller bag that is equal to using 1lb of ground beef. It was $3.44 at Walmart.

I sprayed a non-stick pan with a little cooking spray and sauteed the crumbles on low until thawed. I then treated it like I would taco meat and used a packet of low-sodium taco seasoning and the recommended water along with about a 1/3 cup of chunky salsa. I cooked it down on low heat for a few minutes. 1/2 cup of the crumbles is 2 WW pts, for anyone on this plan.

It was delish. Kroger has the small 98% fat-free small tortillas- 2 tortillas for 3 pts. I loaded them up with veggies and they were so good.

Since I seasoned the entire pound of crumbles, I just separated the mixture into 1/2 cup servings and put them in the freezer for another time.

Here is a recipe that I found for Spinach and Beef Enchalidas. I want to see if I can tweek it using the crumbles and also by cutting down on the amount of cheese and sour cream and replacing that with a low-fat version and perhaps chalk-up on more veggies such as onions and chopped sweet red bell peppers. Here is the recipe if anyone wants to take a peek.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/spinach-and-beef-enchiladas/a5991a2c-f22e-4867-a65a-36aa1bef90db?nicam2=Email&nichn2=Lifecycle&niseg2=BC&nicreatID2=BC_11_19_2012_Activation2NonCoupon

Not getting bored with the same ole meals may make a difference for me.

I hope.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Sunday,

Cari H.

Good morning everyone, today was WI for me and I was down exactly 2 lbs :D And I finished off my week with 10 miles for a grand total of 36.5 miles completed. Hopefully this week I will continue to walk 3 miles everyday on my treadmill so my mileage for the week should be pretty high.

porrhouse~ I love my fitbit I always thought I was pretty active but once I started using this I realized I had been lying to myself for sometime. Now that I can actually see just how active I really am it has helped me to stay motivated with my walking and I am up too 3 miles a day now and I owe it all to the fitbit. Activation was a breeze you just plug it into the computer and it will ask your height weight gender and set up your plan as far as how much you want to lose each week so that it can generate your target calorie burn per day plus calorie in. Let me know if you have any questions once you get it.

Well we are getting ready to go celebrate Texas's birthday today at Washington on the Brazos so I know I will be getting an extra mile or two in on top of the 3 miles I just completed so today is going to be a big win for me.

Talk with yall later

Chel

Cari..thanks for posting that taco recipe...that sounds really good! I wish I would have checked earlier today...I would have ran to Wal-mart before we get snowed in tomorrow...

porrhouse- I feel so behind...I am the only one who dosen't have one yet. I went to Dicks yesterday because I wanted to see the PolarFT4 and a FitBit in person to compare side by side...but of course they didn't have the fitbit and the PolarFT4 was on the top shelf locked up and no one around to help. I just want to see it in person. Please post your thoughts when you get it..everyone is raving about it.

Chel--:eek::D:D:D:D CoNgRaTs!!!! That's awesome!!! btw...how is the soda battle going? I haven't asked and you have mentioned it so I wanted to check in!

Today was my scheduled rest day so no working out. I did cheat on my WW last night..we had Japanese Hibatchi and I think I overdid it with the yum yum sauce and the fried rice..but its OK because I wanted to go over a little. I was hoping that a day of increased calories would fuel my metabolism for this week so I can hit the -20 mark..I am so close I can taste it!!! Just gotta work hard and push to Thursday.

btw...I posted in another thread today about my hubby fitness group that he has on facebook. If any of you are interested we would love to have you join. It is a beachbody based group but you don't have to be doing beachbody programs to join and its people of all ages. We post recipes and motivational stuff on there too. I don't want it to come off that I am pushing anyone to join, I just wanted to mention it in case anyone saw it in the other thread. I love our little group we have going here and I am here to stay:)

Bahamma Mamma~ Thanks, as for the soda I have had a few here and there but no more than one in a day but I'm not even having them every day either. Since we have switched to all organic food I also switched the sodas in the house to all Pure Cane Sugar sodas no High Fructose corn syrup or anything diet will be allowed in my house from here on out. I have to admit that since we switched to a cleaner eating routine and by clean I mean no chemicals I feel so much better more energy and I do not feel the need to nap everyday.

Hope everyone has a great week :D

Chel

Bahamma Mamma~ Thanks, as for the soda I have had a few here and there but no more than one in a day but I'm not even having them every day either. Since we have switched to all organic food I also switched the sodas in the house to all Pure Cane Sugar sodas no High Fructose corn syrup or anything diet will be allowed in my house from here on out. I have to admit that since we switched to a cleaner eating routine and by clean I mean no chemicals I feel so much better more energy and I do not feel the need to nap everyday.

Hope everyone has a great week :D

Chel

Great job with the sodas!! I am proud of you, that is not an easy thing to do! Eating clean makes a huge difference!!!

We are both home from work today because of the snow (which I am sick of). We are making a big pot of chili and we are going to clean out the cabinets and get rid of all the bad stuff. I do all the crazy couponing so we have quite the variety of stuff that is horrible for you so its getting donated. The good thing is was most of it was free or very very cheap so I won't be losing anything by doing it.

I was good today and did two Butt Lift videos and a Richard Simmons Toning. I am really sore and feeling great!!

Have a great day everyone:)

Chelll, a big congrats on the loss and the miles. That's awsome. Way to Go !!

BahamaMama, I don't know what part of the country you are in, but we too had snow and school closings. As it stands, that poor kids will be going to school well

into June to make-up for all of the snow days this year. They only get 2 freebies and must make up the rest. It really sucks for the families that have vacations or

cruises planned at the time school was originally to close for the year.

ThePorrhouse- woo-hoo 4 u on snagging the fit-bit. I do not own one but have heard so many good things about it.

Jayne and PTangel- congrats on your losses too. I meant to post that a few days ago and got carried away with my new

Morning Star Farms food-find. Sorry.

Wishing all on this thread a great week of losses and accomplishments,

Cari H.

:)

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

It's funny that you mention the undies. I was so upset when I gained weight that I had to go up a size. I felt awesome when I had to go back down to my regular size last month. It really is the small things!

I had been searching for a really comfy pair of underwear that also did not show panty lines under my yoga pants. I tried a few brands before I found these. http://www.bestfittingpanty.com/best-fitting-seamless-lace-romantic-hipster

Of all places, I found them at my local Walmart. I bought one pair on Friday, just to see if I would like them and how they looked under my yoga pants. I was so amazed at how they felt on and they they did not show the panty lines, that I went back on Saturday and bought every black and beige pair in my size. I bought both the boy-short , high-cut and bikini styles but they did have a thong style and briefs as well.

For under $5 bucks a pair, gotta love a bargain. I had recently paid up to $20 a pair at Macy's for some that "claimed" to be seamfree and comfy, only to get them home and realize that they were not going to work for my body shape. So, to me, it's really not about the price or the big-brand-name, but more about how it fits on one's body.

Just thought that I would share.

Cari

I'm guessing my weight loss journey has come to a pleasant but unexpected end. My future cruise looks like it's coming to an end as well. I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant. I'm thrilled since we've been trying now for 6 1/2 years. I won't be loosing any weight but I'll still be eating healthy. I've had one mis-carriage last year so I won't feel secure until I hit the 12 week mark. I'm not cancelling my cruise just yet, I don't think I'll want to travel with a new baby but I have until Dec 8th to cancel.

I'm guessing my weight loss journey has come to a pleasant but unexpected end. My future cruise looks like it's coming to an end as well. I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant. I'm thrilled since we've been trying now for 6 1/2 years. I won't be loosing any weight but I'll still be eating healthy. I've had one mis-carriage last year so I won't feel secure until I hit the 12 week mark. I'm not cancelling my cruise just yet, I don't think I'll want to travel with a new baby but I have until Dec 8th to cancel.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :D That is wonderful news please continue to chat with us as keeping a healthy life during pregnancy is a good thing for you and baby as well as recovery.

Chel

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :D That is wonderful news please continue to chat with us as keeping a healthy life during pregnancy is a good thing for you and baby as well as recovery.

Chel

Thanks, I will still be around. I'm still wanting to be active but I'm a little nervous after my previous miscarriage. I'm diabetic so I'll definitely be watching what I eat. I think my weight loss helped, which makes all the sacrifices worth it!

Chelllll and any fitbit owner:

I got my fitbit today. I set it up and got going. Logged all food got steps in and so forth but I have a question. I will give all stats so y'all can see where I am lost and need information.

So far today:

*Steps: 11,348

*Distance: 4.66

*Calories burned: 1,983 of 2,184

*Very Active Minutes: 85

*253 calories left in your 1601 calorie plan

*Calories In Vs Calories Out 1248 In 1984 Out

You are under budget.

It's been saying I am under budget since I started adding food. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Congrats!!! What a blessing!!!! That is the only reason I would cancel a cruise, how exciting!! I wish you the best and pray it all goes well for you!! Keep us posted!!

Congrats!!! What a blessing!!!! That is the only reason I would cancel a cruise, how exciting!! I wish you the best and pray it all goes well for you!! Keep us posted!!

Thanks, we've been trying for a long time. It's really funny cause as I was booking the cruise I thought a year is a long ways away. I could get pregnant before the cruise. I was already pregnant when I booked the cruise and didn't know. We're thrilled and nervous at the same time.

Chelllll and any fitbit owner:

I got my fitbit today. I set it up and got going. Logged all food got steps in and so forth but I have a question. I will give all stats so y'all can see where I am lost and need information.

So far today:

*Steps: 11,348

*Distance: 4.66

*Calories burned: 1,983 of 2,184

*Very Active Minutes: 85

*253 calories left in your 1601 calorie plan

*Calories In Vs Calories Out 1248 In 1984 Out

You are under budget.

It's been saying I am under budget since I started adding food. Am I doing something wrong?

How many pounds did you set up to lose in a week? If you choose 1 lb I believe you would need a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day which at 1984 calories out you would consume 1484 and since your only at 1248 you are considered "UNDER" budget. That part can be a little tricky especially on days you burn more than usual. For instance this was mine from yesterday....

*Steps: 15,566

*Distance: 6.30

*Calories burned: 2,774 of 2,651 %105

*Very Active Minutes: 58

*Calories In Vs Calories Out 1,361 In 2,774 Out

You are under budget.

I think what happens is after setting up your profile and figuring out how much you want to lose in a week based on height weight age gender it figures out how much you should be burning vs eating but as the day goes on and you burn more than it predicts it ups your calorie goal in order to keep in target with your daily deficit if that makes sence. For me I just try to keep in line with my activity if I have a really active day then I can have a few extra calories if not o well just try not to go "OVER" under is much better.

Hope this helps if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Chel

Chell that makes perfect sense. I have my goal set to lose 2 pounds a week. Thank you for taking time out to answer my questions. I really am liking this fitbit so far.

How many pounds a week do you have set for your goal?

Chell that makes perfect sense. I have my goal set to lose 2 pounds a week. Thank you for taking time out to answer my questions. I really am liking this fitbit so far.

How many pounds a week do you have set for your goal?

I have mine set for 2 lbs also so that means we need a 1,000 calorie deficit each day. I still try to stick close to 1,200-1,400 calories IN everyday regardless of my extreme activity levels even though it tells me I should eat more. I think they have to do that to keep up with the "healthy guidelines" rules.

Glad your enjoying it. I really love mine.

Chel

A huge Congratulations to you and your hubby !!!!!!! The weight can wait.

Wishing you a safe an pleasant pregancy journey.

Many Blessings,

Cari H.

I have mine set for 2 lbs also so that means we need a 1,000 calorie deficit each day. I still try to stick close to 1,200-1,400 calories IN everyday regardless of my extreme activity levels even though it tells me I should eat more. I think they have to do that to keep up with the "healthy guidelines" rules.

Glad your enjoying it. I really love mine.

Chel

I think l am going to do the same. I will keep my food between 1,200 & 1,400. Last night I did 1,253 In 2,737 Out. That's a 1,413 difference so that's where I get my 1,000 calorie deficit, right?

I think l am going to do the same. I will keep my food between 1,200 & 1,400. Last night I did 1,253 In 2,737 Out. That's a 1,413 difference so that's where I get my 1,000 calorie deficit, right?

Yes, that's correct so since you burned 2,737 in order to be in range or at goal you would have needed to eat 1,737 so since you only ate 1,253 you are considered UNDER but like I said I think they have to do that so that they are not encouraging an unhealthy quick way to lose weight. Just stick with the 1,200-1,400 range and you should be good.

Chel