Boudicca 6th Feb

laktex

Have friends sailing on Boudicca tomorrow so I just tracked her and she is ONLY just entering the Bay of Biscay and therefore can not possibly make Southampton for Thursday morning.

Then checked Southampton VTS and it appears she is not due in till early evening and sailing at 02:30 on the 7th. That must be very inconvenient for arriving and departing passengers but I trust all goes well for everyone.

I have just found this from Fred Olsen Website

Owing to a medical emergency on board the current sailing, Boudicca has had to turn back towards The Azores to allow for the helicopter evacuation of a guest. This will regrettably result in a delayed arrival back into Southampton this Thursday. All guests on board have been kept well informed. Arrival into Southampton, Ocean Terminal, Berth 46 Dock Gate 4 (no longer City Cruise Terminal ) will now be at approximately 1930hrs. Anyone meeting guests should allow up to 90 minutes for disembarkation.

We apologise but, as a consequence of this emergency, guests due to join cruise, D1402, Northern Lights, should now delay their arrival at the Ocean Cruise Terminal, Berth 46 Dock Gate 4 ( no longer City Cruise Terminal ) in line with the revised schedule;

Decks 7 / 8 & 9 1930hrs

Deck 5 2000hrs

Deck 4 2030 hrs

Deck 3 2100hrs

Check-in will close at 2115hrs

Should you have booked coach transfers with Portlink or National Express (service number 651) timings will remain as previously advised and a complimentary shuttle service will run between the Ocean Cruise Terminal and West Quay Centre for the convenience of these guests and anyone unable to change their arrival plans. There are many catering outlets within the West Quay Centre. The last shuttle will return at 2000hrs.

An open dining arrangement will be available immediately upon embarkation.

The delay will necessitate a revision to the original itinerary with the reversal of Molde and Alesund. Any impact upon the tours programme will be advised on board.

Whereas we sincerely apologise for the delay and, subsequent itinerary change, we trust you will appreciate this matter is beyond our control and that we have acted for the good of our unfortunate guest. This message has also been sent in the form of a letter to our joining guests home address and, where supplied, to their email address. A text message has also been sent to guests who have lodged a mobile telephone number

My mother is on the delayed cruise and we are awaiting embarkation tonight. How are you able to see the ships progress as I am a newby!

There are several places you can go, but this site will not let me post the link for the one I use.

Just google 'track cruise ships' and you'll get where you need to go.

Edited by Mark_T

Owing to worsening weather and sea conditions, and following the earlier helivac, the Boudicca will be further delayed arriving into Southampton, and is now not due to arrive until very late night today, 06 February , or the small hours of tomorrow morning, 07 February.

Since trying to disembark existing guests and embark joining guests at such an hour is impractical, we will now retain existing guests on board overnight, and embark cruise D1402, In Search of the Northern Lights tomorrow, 07 February.

We are currently attempting to contact as many guests due to join D1402 as possible by phone, SMS or email, and apologise should you receive duplicate calls. Guests who are able to delay their arrival are asked to check-in at the Ocean Cruise Terminal, Berth 46, Dock Gate 4, Friday 07 February between 0930 and 1100hrs. Guests will receive a 1 night refund of their cruise holiday via their on board cabin account with any residual being refunded post cruise.

The port of Bodo will be removed from the itinerary as a consequence of the delay. Anyone with pre-booked tours for Bodo will be refunded on board.

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines sincerely regret any disappointment or inconvenience caused as a result of the delay, caused jointly by the emergency helivac and poor weather conditions.

My mother is on the delayed cruise and we are awaiting embarkation tonight. How are you able to see the ships progress as I am a newby!

Try marinetraffic dot com, that's what I usually use. She is presently south of Weymouth approaching the IOW.

ETA has been updated from 20:00 to 20:30 and if she can keep close to current speed that seems plausible so I'm guessing she is about to hit some more weather if they don't think she will be docking until much later.