EMERALD PRINCESS cabin B751 help,please

carolian

Cannot decide if B751 cabin is good or not. I realise it has an obstruction but it also has a very large balcony.

I really prefer Caribe mid ship because of the large balcony but they are not available on our potential cruise.

Have never sailed in a stern/aft cabin, usually choose midship. Wonder if the noise/vibration etc is a problem.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Carole

Cannot decide if B751 cabin is good or not. I realise it has an obstruction but it also has a very large balcony.

I really prefer Caribe mid ship because of the large balcony but they are not available on our potential cruise.

Have never sailed in a stern/aft cabin, usually choose midship. Wonder if the noise/vibration etc is a problem.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Carole

i had the same room on dolphin deck. the balcony is still huge and very usable. the only problem with the beam is my own OCD. in my mind I wanted to move it out of the way just to make everything symetrical. Otherwise they are great rooms and once you sail aft you may be spoiled for life. Very quiet and relaxing especially at night while watching the wake. Enjoy!!

My wife and I had B750 last year on the Crown Princess which is the same cabin just on the other side of the ship. I was worried about the beam but after being in the cabin, found it was no issue. The balcony is good sized and there is room between the rail and the beam to stand and, if my memory is good, put a chair and sit. If I had a choice I'd go with one of the other aft cabins without the obstruction, but if it is the only one available, the beam wouldn't keep me from going with it.

We enjoyed B751 on the Emerald Princess just this past Christmas and New Years. 20 days. We did feel some vibration from the thrusters when docking. but it was an unusually rocky Caribbean cruise, cruising and docking. It did not bother us. The beam was not a problem. as someone mentioned you are able to put chairs in front of the beam without any problem. It did not bother us at all. Would book that cabin again without a second thought.

Enjoy your cruise whatever cabin you select.