Breakaway B6 "large balcony" cabin - Anyone?

RickinNYC

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
It is really down to preference. We always go for the bed near the balcony because I like to be able to see outside easier when sitting on the bed, and we travel with our son and as I like to go out on the balcony at night there is less chance of disturbing him when going in and out. Obviously these may not be an issue for others.

I've heard it said that the room seems larger with the bed near the balcony, but I have never compared.

Thanks for the list of cabins with the bed by the balcony - perfect answer to my question (or my hope, I guess) re: our recent booking of 9134 on the Breakaway. We, like you, travel with our child and find it SO much more convenient when the bed is near the balcony rather than the other way around.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a B6 balcony on the most recent BA cruise. Size is great, but they put two loungers, two chairs, and two tables on it which take up +/- 80% of the space. Have the steward remove what you don't want. Also, with sea swells of >15', for a couple of days it was unusable due to waves crashing against the side of the ship and splashing up to deck 10. Still I would do it again.