LHR Hotel for just overnight?

DaveT65

I am looking for a recommendation for an overnight only stay [no amenities required, just clean and convenient] at an LHR Hotel after a 22:00 arrival [we'll be arriving in the new Terminal 2 with United] and early morning departure for the Harwich. We'll be using either Harwich Cruise Bus which picks up at many, though not all, LHR area hotels, or a car service. Probably won't use the cruise line transfer as I don't want to go back to LHR Arrivals.

Suggestions??

Thanks.

I am looking for a recommendation for an overnight only stay [no amenities required, just clean and convenient] at an LHR Hotel after a 22:00 arrival [we'll be arriving in the new Terminal 2 with United] and early morning departure for the Harwich. We'll be using either Harwich Cruise Bus which picks up at many, though not all, LHR area hotels, or a car service. Probably won't use the cruise line transfer as I don't want to go back to LHR Arrivals.

Suggestions??

Thanks.

The only LHR hotel I've stayed at in recent memory is the Jurys Inn, which is more convenient to Terminal 4 than the others, but still doable, especially if using the underground. It was very nice indeed. Otherwise there are several hotels along Bath Road that you could consider.

Of course, here's what I would be doing if I were in this situation: Heathrow Express to Paddington, stay at either the Hilton there if I could get it at a decent price, or somewhere nearby, then the next day taxi to Liverpool St. Station and train to Harwich.

Have stayed several times at the Marriott Renaisance which is directly across from Terminal 3. Its also directly on the bus line (forgot the number) but transportation is convenient and inexpensive.

Thanks for the suggestions. Being a Marriott Club member, that is a real possibility for me.

I went to TripAdvisor and looked around, and Premier Inn Bath Road comes up very highly rated and a good value, especially for just the overnight. Anyone with experience with that?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the suggestions. Being a Marriott Club member, that is a real possibility for me.

I went to TripAdvisor and looked around, and Premier Inn Bath Road comes up very highly rated and a good value, especially for just the overnight. Anyone with experience with that?

I love premier inns, much prefer to more expensive hotels when I travel for business