Help with a cheap day at Cable Beach

BayAreaCruisers4

I'm looking for some tips from others who have done this before. We already have excursions planned for other ports, so we're looking to do a cheap beach day at Cable Beach. We're a family of four (me, wife, two kids - 14 & 17) and we just want to relax on the beach and play in the water. Maybe buy some drinks or snacks.

We've never been to Nassau before. Can you tell me how to get to the jitney (#10?) from port? What's the best way to get on the beach without having to buy a day pass?

Thanks!

Carnival Conquest 2/16/2014

Princess Dawn Princess 2/16/2007

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 12/26/2005

Carnival Paradise 3/4/2005

Carnival Elation 4/13/2003

Norwegian SS Norway 8/3/1991

Edited by BayAreaCruisers4

The jitney boards on George Street.. across from the straw market on Bay.

THere are several public access points at cable beach, the driver can drop you off.. but you won't have access to drinks or snacks, just a vacant unmaintained and unsecured beach. I don't recommend this, as we have a crime problem and people have been robbed at gunpoint on the out of the way beaches. Stay with others.

If you want a clean beach with any amenities, you'll need a day pass. Wyndham is the cheapest.. $20 pp.

Some will tell you to walk thru the hotels to use the beach.. but that is ILLEGAL, and you are trespassing. Security can (and will) ask you to leave.

Wyndham is great we did that and loved it!! Was totally worth it and the price - can't beat that :). Have fun whatever you end up doing!

The # 10 and 12b will get you to the resort and back. $1.25pp you have to walk alittle bit to get to the bus. Once you get out of port go right to straw market go through the market then right a few blocks I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jwlnroe

Wyndham is great we did that and loved it!! Was totally worth it and the price - can't beat that :). Have fun whatever you end up doing!

The # 10 and 12b will get you to the resort and back. $1.25pp you have to walk alittle bit to get to the bus. Once you get out of port go right to straw market go through the market then right a few blocks I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you tell me how much your day pass for Wyndham was? I can't find it on their website. How did you purchase it?

Can you tell me how much your day pass for Wyndham was? I can't find it on their website. How did you purchase it?

$20 per person you just buy them at the front desk once you get there. Was very quick and easy. If you need towels it's $10 per person deposit which you get back when you return them before you leave. otherwise you can bring towels from the ship too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jwlnroe

The jitney boards on George Street.. across from the straw market on Bay.

THere are several public access points at cable beach, the driver can drop you off.. but you won't have access to drinks or snacks, just a vacant unmaintained and unsecured beach. I don't recommend this, as we have a crime problem and people have been robbed at gunpoint on the out of the way beaches. Stay with others.

If you want a clean beach with any amenities, you'll need a day pass. Wyndham is the cheapest.. $20 pp.

Some will tell you to walk thru the hotels to use the beach.. but that is ILLEGAL, and you are trespassing. Security can (and will) ask you to leave.

When you get your pass, are there changing areas and showers? I hate going back to the ship in a wet swim suit.

Thanks for the info scubagirrl! What do you think of Cabbage Beach? What's the best way to get there and how much would it cost?

Cabbage Beach ia a beautiful stretch of beach, but it's hit or miss with the water. Some days (quite a few in recent years) it's just too rough to even get in the water, with a deep drop off and serious undertow. We have had several drownings there over the last year or so.. and many near misses

There are no life guards, restrooms or any other amenities.

If you are going with small children, this is NOT the beach for you.

If you want to take the chance that the sea will be calm enough the day you arrive, then just take a cab (there are shuttle vans that go).. it's $4 pp.

Returning, you can usually find a cab waiting at the entrance, or the hotel next door. Cabs will charge $11 for the 1st 2 ppl/ then $3 for any additional person .