Ruby 2015 Itinary

silver wedding

Is the ruby officially going to Alaska for 2015 season and the Island leaving Alaska or is this still speculation at this point?

Thank you!

At least Princess has announced that RUBY will be transferred to the US West Coast via South America in Jan - March 2015!

So where else should she sail in summer 2015 if not Alaska??

And ISLAND seems to be repositioned to Europe for the Venice itineraries.

We are sailing on the Golden Princess S. America cruise departing Feb 14 2015, it is the 14 day Cape Horn and Strait of Magellan cruise and we have not been notified that the Ruby will be replacing the Golden. Do you think they will be having the Ruby take over doing our cruise??

It's interesting that the Ruby will replace the Golden but not until the 31st. So the Golden will do 3-4 trips around the horn and then have the Ruby replace her.

Ruby is my favorite so I was hoping that they switched them out earlier. But I'm find with the ship we have!

We are sailing on the Golden Princess S. America cruise departing Feb 14 2015, it is the 14 day Cape Horn and Strait of Magellan cruise and we have not been notified that the Ruby will be replacing the Golden. Do you think they will be having the Ruby take over doing our cruise??
Doubt that the Ruby will be replacing the Golden in South America. She is just doing the same 49 day repositioning from FLL to LA that the Grand did and that the Crown will be doing shortly. These repos are in addition to the regular SA cruises. Edited by IECalCruiser

Is the ruby officially going to Alaska for 2015 season and the Island leaving Alaska or is this still speculation at this point?

Thank you!

Speculation

had hoped ruby would be doing brit isles again next year -

does anyone know which ship will do british isles and

also baltics next year ?:confused:

Nobody knows, but many will speculate

Finally heard from my TA. With out consultation Princess have moved us on to Caribbean Princess sailing on 7 March and giving us $30 compensation. This would be fine but our 40th Anniversary (Ruby) is on the 1st of March and we planned to renew our vows on the day on Ruby. They will not discuss alternatives to this until the 19th of the month when the cruises will be published. To help me prepare for this conversation can anyone tell me where Ruby will on the 1st March? P&O may be getting my business and their cruise is £1000 cheaper each,

Finally heard from my TA. With out consultation Princess have moved us on to Caribbean Princess sailing on 7 March and giving us $30 compensation. This would be fine but our 40th Anniversary (Ruby) is on the 1st of March and we planned to renew our vows on the day on Ruby. They will not discuss alternatives to this until the 19th of the month when the cruises will be published. To help me prepare for this conversation can anyone tell me where Ruby will on the 1st March? P&O may be getting my business and their cruise is £1000 cheaper each,
If you remember my response in post #21, I indicated that Princess might just change you to a different cruise without your knowledge. It happened to us when they canceled the May Sapphire TP and they did it to you :mad: As far as where the Ruby will be on May 1, if my calculation is correct, she will be at sea between scenic cruising of Amalia Glacier and a stop at Puerto Montt, Chile on her 14 day cruise from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile. We have done that cruise and it was one of our best, but it isn't quite a Caribbean cruise :rolleyes: Edited by IECalCruiser

Silver wedding, the Ruby should be somewhere in South America on March 1st. On May 1, as IE CalCruiser suggested, she will be on her way to Alaska as far as we know. Of course things can still change.

Have you considered the Royal or Regal for your anniversary cruise?

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Silver wedding, the Ruby should be somewhere in South America on March 1st. On May 1, as IE CalCruiser suggested, she will be on her way to Alaska as far as we know. Of course things can still change.

Have you considered the Royal or Regal for your anniversary cruise?

They will be celebrating their 40th (ruby) anniversary and they wanted to celebrate their ruby anniversary on the Ruby Princess.

Hi - what cruises are you advising will be published on the 19th? Thanks

I understand that but it looks like that option is no longer available... But there are other wonderful options...
OP was doing a B2B cruise for a total of 14 days. They apparently live in Yorkshire, England and would need to fly to the US. Don't know how the cost of a RT UK to FLL flight compares to a UK to Buenos Aires/Santiago to UK flight. Caribbean cruises probably go on sale more frequently than SA cruises but it could still be an option for them.

• 1 month later...
Still don't see an itinerary on the Princess website for April of 2015 for the Ruby. Could she be doing the 28-day Hawaii & South Pacific Cruise? Wondering................
That is certainly a possibility. The Grand, Golden and Ruby don't have a 28 day opening in the Spring of 2015. However, it could also be the Star because she has a similar open space on her calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app