Blue Lagoon

icedancer43

All the posts I have looked at about Blue Lagoon appear to be from a couple years ago so I would like to get some recent information on it if possible. We will be on NCL in March and are going to do the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Break. I was curious if there is any place to do snorkeling here? Also, what does the lunch include?

Thank you in advance for any and all advice you can give.

I'm bumping this up, hopefully more people will respond.

Are you doing this via the ships excursion or on your own?

We're in port from 12-7 so we're limited on time there since the last shuttle goes back at 4(?) so we're going to take the ships excursion. We're going with a 2.5 year old so the calm water in the lagoon will be awesome for her to play in and she will love to see dolphins.

I'm not sure about snorkeling or lunch, hopefully someone will know!

All the posts I have looked at about Blue Lagoon appear to be from a couple years ago so I would like to get some recent information on it if possible. We will be on NCL in March and are going to do the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Break. I was curious if there is any place to do snorkeling here? Also, what does the lunch include?

Thank you in advance for any and all advice you can give.

There is some snorkeling near the rocks, but no reef, and nothing significant to see. It is also an additional charge.

As for lunch, it depends on what your package includes. (there are several "levels" ) Generally, it's either a hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken pattie or hot dog, with Fries, sliced fruit and a drink. Some packages include rice instead of fries or baked chicken instead of a sandwich - depends on your package. . There are also some additional snacks, like conch fritters available at a reasonable price.

This is a paper plate and plastic fork kinda venue in a dining pavillion

Nothing fancy.

I have heard there are inflatables in the water for the kids....but I can't seem to find any pictures on the website. Can anyone confirm this??

yes .. there is an inflatable water park. (I think 6 pieces). It's included in your paid beach pass.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/dolphin_encounter-15.php

For more images.. google Blue lagoon nassau inflatables -- there's plenty of photos online

Edited by scubagirrl

We are planning to go in May with our 7 year old. I googled and found some YouTube videos people have made that included a portion with the inflatables.

My question was about purchase of extra (different) food like conch fritters. So they do offer other food? Anyone know if they have grouper? Like grouper fritters? Seems to be lots of things to see and do here!

I'm bumping this up, hopefully more people will respond.

Are you doing this via the ships excursion or on your own?

We're in port from 12-7 so we're limited on time there since the last shuttle goes back at 4(?) so we're going to take the ships excursion. We're going with a 2.5 year old so the calm water in the lagoon will be awesome for her to play in and she will love to see dolphins.

I'm not sure about snorkeling or lunch, hopefully someone will know!

We plan on doing the ship excursion. We are there from 12-7pm as well. I have my own snorkeling stuff, I was just wondering if it was worth bringing them. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
We plan on doing the ship excursion. We are there from 12-7pm as well. I have my own snorkeling stuff, I was just wondering if it was worth bringing them. Thank you.

It looks like you will be going soon. Can you please report back and let us know about the times (since you will be there from 12-7pm). That's the same time we will be there and wondering if this will be worth it if the ferry heads back at 4pm?

It looks like you will be going soon. Can you please report back and let us know about the times (since you will be there from 12-7pm). That's the same time we will be there and wondering if this will be worth it if the ferry heads back at 4pm?

Just got back from our trip and stopped last Friday in Nassau. Even though our day was rainy we still decided to go to check it out. The boat ride took around 45 minutes but on the way over they pointed out the celebrities houses and islands so it was interesting. We didn't get to the island around 2:15/2:30. Our excursion included lunch but since we ate on the ship we really weren't hungry but shoveled the food in anyway. Huge burgers, a side of BBQ chicken, salad, an Apple, French fries and a cookie. That's an enormous amount of food. The boat left at 4 so we didn't have that much time but we loved the time we did have there. Barely anyone was there because of the weather so we were able to walk around, observe the dolphins and my toddler spent the entire time in the water.

I went just to decide if I want to go back again some day, especially if I have more time. I definitely want to go back, beautiful spot and definitely nicer than anywhere else I have gone to in the past in nassau.

Sent from my iPad using Forums m

Just got back from our trip and stopped last Friday in Nassau. Even though our day was rainy we still decided to go to check it out. The boat ride took around 45 minutes but on the way over they pointed out the celebrities houses and islands so it was interesting. We didn't get to the island around 2:15/2:30. Our excursion included lunch but since we ate on the ship we really weren't hungry but shoveled the food in anyway. Huge burgers, a side of BBQ chicken, salad, an Apple, French fries and a cookie. That's an enormous amount of food. The boat left at 4 so we didn't have that much time but we loved the time we did have there. Barely anyone was there because of the weather so we were able to walk around, observe the dolphins and my toddler spent the entire time in the water.

I went just to decide if I want to go back again some day, especially if I have more time. I definitely want to go back, beautiful spot and definitely nicer than anywhere else I have gone to in the past in nassau.

So I know from a few excursions that we have taken sponsored by NCL (which are VERY few), that everyone meets at a certain time somewhere and leaves for the excursion together.

Why is it that you didn't get to the island until around 2:30ish? What time did they actually meet and actually leave the port? Did they take you by bus to the ferry at Paradise? Did you have to wait in line for the ferry?

I'm just wondering why so long when most have stated that it's about a 45 min to a hour total to get there, but you didn't arrive until about 2 1/2 hrs after arriving in port. That kinda worries me since there's not much time in this port before they close for the last ferry. :(

yes .. there is an inflatable water park. (I think 6 pieces). It's included in your paid beach pass.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/dolphin_encounter-15.php

For more images.. google Blue lagoon nassau inflatables -- there's plenty of photos online

Can anyone confirm how deep the water is there where the inflatables are?

So I know from a few excursions that we have taken sponsored by NCL (which are VERY few), that everyone meets at a certain time somewhere and leaves for the excursion together.

Why is it that you didn't get to the island until around 2:30ish? What time did they actually meet and actually leave the port? Did they take you by bus to the ferry at Paradise? Did you have to wait in line for the ferry?

I'm just wondering why so long when most have stated that it's about a 45 min to a hour total to get there, but you didn't arrive until about 2 1/2 hrs after arriving in port. That kinda worries me since there's not much time in this port before they close for the last ferry. :(

The ship didn't get into port until after 12 and I think the excursion meeting time was 12:50. We had a 10 minute or more walk down the pier to meet the ferry, boarding the ferry took another 5-10 minutes. The ferry ride itself was around 45 minutes including a stop on paradise island for 5 minutes or so to pick up hotel guests. Honestly I remember getting there and looking at my watch and saying, ok we have about an hour and a half to enjoy. Maybe my timing isn't exact but after all was said and done we didn't get too much time on the island.

The ship didn't get into port until after 12 and I think the excursion meeting time was 12:50. We had a 10 minute or more walk down the pier to meet the ferry, boarding the ferry took another 5-10 minutes. The ferry ride itself was around 45 minutes including a stop on paradise island for 5 minutes or so to pick up hotel guests. Honestly I remember getting there and looking at my watch and saying, ok we have about an hour and a half to enjoy. Maybe my timing isn't exact but after all was said and done we didn't get too much time on the island.

Well this really makes me wonder now with more questions. From what I have read and been told, you get off the ship and have to catch a taxi over to Paradise and then get on the ferry. You version makes it sound like the ferry picks you up at the dock. :confused: Is this because you were on a NCL tour? If so, that's sounds like less hassle than doing it on your own. :)

Well this really makes me wonder now with more questions. From what I have read and been told, you get off the ship and have to catch a taxi over to Paradise and then get on the ferry. You version makes it sound like the ferry picks you up at the dock. :confused: Is this because you were on a NCL tour? If so, that's sounds like less hassle than doing it on your own. :)

We went to Blue Lagoon last week. We were doing the dolphin swim, but everyone going to BL (beach break, dolphin, and sea lion encounters) all met at the same spot (this was on NCL). It took a while to get everyone organized and to give everyone wrist bands for whichever swim/beach break they were on. We were there early, so we waited a while, but I don't think the wristband line cut into the excursion time. We met on the pier just after disembarking. Once they had everyone organized, they walked us down the pier (about a ten minute walk) to the ferry. Getting everyone on the ferry took 5-10 minutes and it makes a brief stop at Paradise island to pick up hotel guests on the way. The total ferry ride takes about 45 minutes, but you arrive probably about an hour and a half after your excursion meeting time. These are all estimates, as I wasn't keeping track of the time.

We were planning to stay at BL all afternoon after our dolphin swim, but because the ferry took longer than we expected to get there, we decided not to plan it too close and took the 2pm ferry (we had to be on board by 5:30). Once our dolphin swim was over, we had about an hour and a half until the 2pm ferry, similar to the amount of time that you're looking at. I was happy with the dolphin swim plus an hour and a half there, but if we only had an hour and a half there, I don't think I would have felt like it was enough time. We could have spent the entire time watching the dolphins. We didn't make it to see the sea lions or to the touch tank because we didn't have time to do that and the beach. As it was, we only ended up with about 45 minutes at the beach - our choice, however, since we spent time watching the dolphins.

I don't have kids, and BL seemed more suited for families. Maybe an hour and a half would be sufficient time for kids to enjoy the inflatable toys. The beach area seemed small to me and much of the water is taken up by the inflatables. I walked past them to get to the beach area (calm, as it's in a cove) and I had brought my snorkel gear because I had read that there is some snorkeling there. I only had about 20 minutes to spend snorkeling, but if there is a rocky area, I did not have time to find it. There are a few fish in the water, but not much to be seen. I wouldn't bother bringing my snorkel stuff if we went back. I bet the beach area is more fun for families, but I would choose a different beach.

FYI, we were both bitten by something numerous times that day - all over our torsos. They looked like flea bites, but we only spent a short time on the beach at BL and didn't notice sand fleas. We didn't notice anything biting us at all, but we were definitely bitten that day and BL was the only place we went in Nassau. I suppose it may have been some water-thing that bit us during the dolphin swim rather than sand fleas, but they looked and felt like flea bites.