Holiday Inn Port of Miami

crazycruzer68

Here's a few more pics I have from my stay. I think I was in room 704.

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I will be staying there soon and I was starting to get worried about the bad reviews. Thanks for easing my mind.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I will be staying there soon and I was starting to get worried about the bad reviews. Thanks for easing my mind.

You're very welcome. I was nervous too because of the bad reviews but I had no problems. Have a great trip.

thanks for the pics. I will be there in 3 weeks and I was also getting concerned about the recent poor reviews.

Relax, we stayed there last year before a cruise and loved it. The location is ideal, we spent almost no time in the hotel other than sleeping. There is so much to do in that area you wont be disappointed. We will be there in about 3 weeks also for another cruise. As much as I wish we were staying at the Holiday Inn again, were not. We went the priceline route and ended up at the JW Marriot instead. Had I not had a priceline credit, we would have stayed at the Holiday Inn again.

thanks for the pics. I will be there in 3 weeks and I was also getting concerned about the recent poor reviews.

I enjoyed the pictures as well. My opinion was based from when we stayed several years ago (2006). From the pictures, the rooms look a lot nicer. I also liked the location very much.

We stayed last week and I guess we did not get a renovated room as ours did not look like that, we had a tiny room in the back.

The room was clean though, staff was wonderful and the location is great, so I would not hesitate to stay there again.

We stayed last week and I guess we did not get a renovated room as ours did not look like that, we had a tiny room in the back.

The room was clean though, staff was wonderful and the location is great, so I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Really? I was under the impression the whole hotel was renovated. I guess that wasn't the case. I requested a port view on the reservation, maybe only the port view rooms were new. Glad to hear you had a good experience regardless. The hotel is really in a great location.

• 4 weeks later...

I just stayed here on Sunday night and thought it was a great hotel. Steps from Bayside Market which was an amazing experience on a Sunday night, tons of people and a latin band playing and plenty of dining options. I got up early Monday and could see the ships coming into port and walking around the hotel was safe.

A side note if you are taking a taxi from the airport. When we got in the cabbie asked which route we wanted to take and I told him the fastest. I think he was fishing to see if we knew the area. based on what I have read here in the past I told him that the rate should be 20-24 (I acted like I had been there before) He told me the rate had not been that low in years and it would be way above that. I then told him I had read recent reviews on here and that rate was still in line. When we got to the hotel the rate was $22.50! On my way back from the port to the airport the cabbie told me that there is a flat rate of 24 to and from the port area.

If this is the hotel on line shown as Port Of Miami - Downtown at 340 Biscayne Blvd, I just booked it for my cruise next month. Price were points so I can not complain about price. They will hit me up for an automatic $25 fee for valet parking (I don't think one has a choice). For what I read on line, it was a great hotel with high marks and right across the port by the Market.

Now to see where I park after dropping wife off with her scooter.

Anyone know if parking is right by the ship or do we have to drive off property to another site and van it back to the shop?

I have a lift on the back, so I get free parking...Just not sure how far that parking is...LOL