Spinning on board

espmass

I recently added spinning to my workout routine. Can anyone who has tried it onboard tell me if you feel the swaying of the ship at all? Is it much the same type of workout as it is in a gym? Thanks.

I have done the spinning class on both the Grand and the Coral. You do not feel the swaying of the ship and we were in moderate seas on the Coral. It was something to look out the window and see that you are actually going somewhere. It compared to the spinning classes I take at my gym; they do not bring it down to a beginner level. Both classes were more serious than "fun". Definitely a workout!

The classes are pretty good -- not as good as the ones I take at home but definitely a great workout. The bikes are very different -- I think they are "Pulse cyling" bikes. They do charge $10/class. And I don't normally feel the motion of the ship.

I recently added spinning to my workout routine. Can anyone who has tried it onboard tell me if you feel the swaying of the ship at all? Is it much the same type of workout as it is in a gym? Thanks.

My wife has taken the spinning class on all 3 of our latest cruises. Yes, they are called pulse cycling, yes they charge, and yes they are really serious. This is not a workout for beginners. On the Sun last April, they had a special sunset class on the rear fantail outside the gym, as the ship sailed from Martinique.

She came back to the cabin soaked, sore, exhausted, but feeling great. The view and the breeze was a great experience.

Just make sure you get a machine pointing toward the starboard side of the ship. According to the "right hand rule" in physics, this translates the spinning energy toward the bow of the ship. ;) Unless, of course, you want to slow down the forward motion ...

Archived