Voyager Stateroom recommendation

Just returned from July 2 sailing of Voyager from Copenhagen to Stockholm. Only complaint was that we did not have any sea days, so no real time to enjoy the ship!

We booked stateroom 877, which is a "C" category on Deck 8. This room is aft facing and on the starboard end, so our balcony was oversized for the room description. This is because there is a staircase next to the room. I highly recommend this room choice (878 is the same on the port side), as you get a larger balcony than other "C" rooms and you can look out to the side of the ship as well as behind it.

We are on this same sailing on the 30th - and I said the same thing about there being no sea days! Oh well - can't have everything - at least the ports should be great. Can you tell me anything about them - what is great to do? Did you venture out on your own - or use ship tours? In St. Petersburg - did you use RSSC tours or a private company? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ps - we are booked into cabin 766.:)

I would love to have one of those aft staterooms sometime in the future. Did you feel any vibration in your cabin? This seems to be a point of many different opinions at the aft part of the ship. Some say no problem, some say they felt it.

Regarding vibration, we noticed it a little bit the first night but not terribly much, then only when the ship reversed its engines, which is primarily on leaving ports, when you aren't in the room much. I would trade a little vibration for the extra balcony space and privacy any time!

As to ports of call, we walked around on our own in Visby, Tallin, and Helsinki and I would recommend it. Visby is absolutely charming, and we took the ship's shuttle into town and ended our tour at the end of town close to the ship and walked back. Tallinn was interesting also, but we felt walking on our own was adequate. Helsinki was fun- make sure you go behind the Museum of Modern Art near the railroad station and see the sculpture garden. There is also a glass office building there that has wonderful wooden sculptures in the lobby.

In St Petersburg, we used Red October and were very happy. They had put us in touch with other couples to share with. We found the first group was not compatible through phone calls, but another couple was more our style. Unfortunately they had an issue at the last moment and did not board the ship, so we had a driver, van, and guide all to ourselves (one couple). Red October honored the four person price and gave us a great tour. I would recommend that you get itineraries from them then tweak them to your interests- they will do that with no problem. I was not too satisfied with their box lunches- expensive for what you got, but better than some of the other alternatives. We went to a local food market, which was fascinating, and also did the subway ride, which we thought was odd but turned out to be worth it. Neva boat ride was enjoyable. Otherwise, go with their suggestions. You could spend two weeks in St Petersburg and not see everything you wanted to, so whatever you accomplish is wonderful.

HI I've looked at the boards and found wonderful reviews for Red October but can not find an e mail address, even on the Baltic message boards. Found Denrus, but not RO Please help. Going on Voyager Aug 19. Anyone else booked on that cruise? Irish Lass

We are curious if maybe you live in our area, Carlsbad, CA? We have been on a number of Radisson crusies and found, as you have, that the aft corner cabins are ideal for enjoying the 270 degree views and the sun bathing advantages. As with you, during a cruise between LAX & FTL in 2004 we felt a viberation but no big deal. Hope to hear from you.

Greg and Sandi

grchenow@gmail.com

Archived