Bring Wine on NCL Dawn

scoutandbunji

I'm brining on a case of wine with me on the Dawn. When I valet my car and luggage at the boat, do I need to place a luggage tag on the box? After paying the corkage fee, do I have to carry the case up to my room or do they take it?

How many adults are in your party?

I don't believe you can send it with the porters. Believe you need to carry through the check in, pay the corkage and then get it on the ship. There is someplace you can leave your bags if the rooms are not ready and you could leave the wine there, otherwise youll be carrying it till your room is ready

Wine must be carried on and paid for as you board. If you try to check it, you will end up at the "naughty room", then you will pay and haul it to your room anyway. All that will do is delay your wine. There is a storage area for carry on as you board the ship.

I'm brining on a case of wine with me on the Dawn. When I valet my car and luggage at the boat, do I need to place a luggage tag on the box? After paying the corkage fee, do I have to carry the case up to my room or do they take it?

They check the wine bottles to make sure that they have not been tampered with. Some folks prefer vodka in their wine bottles.:)

Edited by Karysa

I pack my wine in a rolling "carry on" suitcase and wheel it onto the ship with me. I also pack it in bubble wrap (clothing works too) because we usually purchase something on a cruise that needs bubble wrap. Just be ready to unload all the bottles for them (or have them do it) to inspect. Once on the ship, you can ask for a wine glass (red or white) at any bar and take it to your cabin.

Finally, the corkage stickers that are put on each bottle are of some value to the Bar staff. So if you find a certain Bar Staff person that you like (say the person that hands your wine glasses), be sure to take your empty bottles to them for "disposal". My understanding is that they get something when they turn in the corkage sticker.

Enjoy your wine!!!