Recent reflection review

LOP

I'm not sure - from what I understand, the bartenders receive a 15% tip on each drink you order with the package, so they're still getting paid. I suppose they might not be getting the extra $1 and $2 tips that people might be inclined to leave if they were getting a slip though. However, in the case of the Mast Bar, the rudeness occurred before we even presented our cards - the guy was either an a$$ or having a really bad week! The Cellarmasters thing was definitely due to the package, though, or rather a combination of the package and our unwillingness to buy an enomatic card.

You're right...we did find some of the bar staff were at times rude even before showing our card.

What really stood out to both my DH and I...the cash tips were set aside on the counter...in the past a cash tip handed to a certain crew member went in the crew members pocket....not once did this happen on this cruise...always went next to the register on the counter. I got a weird vibe with this and didn't like it one bit as there were some I really wanted to tip, and some I absolutely did not want to share in the cash tips. I would really like to know where/who the tips go to.

I totally agree about the ship on the last night. I so feel we lost out on that night. Shame on Celebrity for closing down everything and thinking people wouldn't notice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I just returned home from the 2/1/14 Reflection cruise and will follow up within the next couple of days with a full review - BUT I can tell you that I did not experience anything negative from staff at any of the bars or restaurants.

Truly, the rudest people that I encountered were passengers. Isn't there an unwritten "rule" that you let people off an elevator before you bowl people over to get into an elevator? And just because you are on vacation on a cruise, does that give you the right to put on a scene at the bakery because you insist on using your "coffee coupon" at a venue where they are not normally allowed?

My observations over the course of the week were that the staff couldn't do enough for you. Anyone going on the Reflection in the next few weeks ---- RELAX and ENJOY -- you will have a blast!

I "hated" it so much that I'm going back on the same ship in November......

If you are refused to be served and you are not toasted, unruly and you are sure it is only because you have the premium drink package...what would be your recourse? Who would you mention the rudeness to? Who would be in-charge to mention the incident to? I am sure Celebrity would not tolerate that particular kind of rudeness...or would it be a mute subject because Celebrity wanted to slow the intake of liquor to save bucks? Am confused as to what you would do?:confused::confused::confused:

I just returned from the Jan. 25 cruise and had a great time. Found the help very cheerful and the food great!!! Could it be possible that X has 2 ships named Reflection??????LOL:):):)

I was also onboard for Jan 25th cruise, everyone was great!

I was on the Feb 1 sailing and thought the crew was wonderful. The only one who was not friendly was the one who put the seapass card in on disembarkation. Usually they say goodbye and wish you a safe trip home. She did not say a word and had a sour puss on her face.

The first day at sea was very windy to the point it was unpleasant to be on deck. Maitre'd said the Sundays are usually not that great so anyone on an eastern Caribbean should be aware of that.All the other days were fine.