Azamara now move daytime excursions to trips in the dark

uktog

Well one step forward, one back.

It's funny on the ship, they think customer and take ownership of issues right down to the most junior member of staff.

The response I got was that the trip time are unlikely to change (still no acknowledgement that for 3 hours it's sightseeing after sunset and straddles two meal times) that as land discoveries cannot authorise retention of the original 25% discount if I move to a new trip, they have passed it to Customer Service.

I have seen the forwarded on email, hardly encourages Customer Service to do anything.

So should the original email not say if you've any issues with the time change, go straight to customer service. Sounds like Land Discoveries Miami is just an admin postbox

If I was customer service I would be thinking, wait a minute, this issue affects more than one guest and I would also be challenging land discoveries, how coma when all the other trips are going out at 8, have you moved this one to 11 and the timings are unworkable. They still have not picked up the impact on meal times as well grrrr

Let's see what happens!

You shouldn't. They usually sound better on paper than the reality.

We did one ships excursion in November and it was a dud. We left early and took a taxi back to the ship.

With that said we have a number of ships excursions book for our upcoming (Celebrity) cruise, mostly train excursions or another that is not possible independently.

They should honor the 25% discount and allow you to switch to something else.

Also, there are those in Miami in the excursions department who will email you the details and timing of the excursion. I have asked in the past and have received detailed information.

We only take ships tours if we cannot arrange a private tour.

Well one step forward, one back.

It's funny on the ship, they think customer and take ownership of issues right down to the most junior member of staff.

The response I got was that the trip time are unlikely to change (still no acknowledgement that for 3 hours it's sightseeing after sunset and straddles two meal times) that as land discoveries cannot authorise retention of the original 25% discount if I move to a new trip, they have passed it to Customer Service.

I have seen the forwarded on email, hardly encourages Customer Service to do anything.

So should the original email not say if you've any issues with the time change, go straight to customer service. Sounds like Land Discoveries Miami is just an admin postbox

If I was customer service I would be thinking, wait a minute, this issue affects more than one guest and I would also be challenging land discoveries, how coma when all the other trips are going out at 8, have you moved this one to 11 and the timings are unworkable. They still have not picked up the impact on meal times as well grrrr

Let's see what happens!

I wonder if you could volunteer to be Azamara spokesman and have direct communication and then be able to be put into the telephone or e-mail answering communicatios from customers. Give them a two week try and see how much work it is. Maybe you could head up a volunteer connunicatiion network with cusomers. I would volunteer to follow your lead. Azamara gets free work from previous customers. A new concept. Could we do better? Just to try and help frustrated cruisers.

Edited by scapel