VIFP Drink Coupon

Chrisp414

I cruised last May on the Freedom. Do they still give you a VIFP drink coupon to use at the Brunch? Also, sounds weird but what exactly is VIFP - do you have to be a previous Carnival Cruiser to get one? Reason I ask is that the other people I am cruising with have not sailed with Carnival in the past. Thanks. Oh yes, the reason for asking is that we are sailing on the Freedom again this May.

Edited by Chrisp414

I cruised last May on the Freedom. Do they still give you a VIFP drink coupon to use at the Brunch? Also, sounds weird but what exactly is VIFP - do you have to be a previous Carnival Cruiser to get one? Reason I ask is that the other people I am cruising with have not sailed with Carnival in the past. Thanks. Oh yes, the reason for asking is that we are sailing on the Freedom again this May.

VIFP is the Carnival "frequent flyer" program. Stands for Very Important Fun Person. You could check online if you are enrolled already. You would qualfiy as at least Red (since it is at least your 2nd sailing). The other guests would be Blue (first sailing).

Yes - they stil have the free drink coupon for Red and above.

VIFP is the Carnival "frequent flyer" program. Stands for Very Important Fun Person. You could check online if you are enrolled already. You would qualfiy as at least Red (since it is at least your 2nd sailing). The other guests would be Blue (first sailing).

Yes - they stil have the free drink coupon for Red and above.

BTW, can someone explain the reasoning behind only allowing you to use your free drink at brunch?!? I mean, would it kill them to give past guests a free drink - case closed?

The only reason I can come up with, is that by only allowing it for use at brunch, they are banking on a large percentage of the vouchers not being used.

BTW, can someone explain the reasoning behind only allowing you to use your free drink at brunch?!? I mean, would it kill them to give past guests a free drink - case closed?

The only reason I can come up with, is that by only allowing it for use at brunch, they are banking on a large percentage of the vouchers not being used.

I think you hit the nail on the head! I wish they would give previous guests the option to use it at anytime. I mean, the drink is going to cost them the same amount of money, no matter when you get it...

BINGO!!! You move on to the lightning round.

I think you hit the nail on the head! I wish they would give previous guests the option to use it at anytime. I mean, the drink is going to cost them the same amount of money, no matter when you get it...

I guess they figure if they made it valid anytime, then close to 100% would get used. If only for sea day brunch, then what, 25%?

Yeah, it would be nice if you could use them anytime at any bar. DH and I went to sea day brunch. He drinks miller so we each ordered a bottle and asked for them to be unopened. Took them back to our room and put them in the fridge for later.

Edited by kona_wahine

On the Liberty last October they had a bar set up right outside the MDR where breakfast was served. One day coming out of breakfast we stopped and got 2 cans of beer and told the bar tender not to open them. Used our coupons. Took them back to our cabin and put in fridge. No problem.

i have been platinum for a number of years and have never heard of this...where do you get the coupons\

You receive the coupons in your cabin upon embarkation. It's for any drink under $8 and only redeemable during breakfast or brunch in the MDR.

I ALWAYS go to brunch just to redeem the coupon. The only time I get something for free, I'm sure to go get it.:D

i have been platinum for a number of years and have never heard of this...where do you get the coupons\

WHAT?! LOL, they are in the cabin when you first arrive, mixed in with the other papers that they leave in the cabin. Your room service menu is mixed in there too. All kinds of junk papers are there too. We fish out the free drink coupons and save the menu, and toss the rest.

Not to get off topic here, but on our latest Breeze cruise my partner and I were able to use our "free drink" coupons at the Atrium Bar.

A few people watched us do it and followed suit.

The bartender told us that it wasn't uncommon but it depended on the bartender.

So, YMMV!

Only you will get it.

I think this has been discussed before. The reason the drink coupons are only good for MDR breakfast/brunch/lunch is to alleviate congestion at the buffet. It is not really a freebie, but an incentive to use the MDR.