Entertainment Staff

Having started cruising in 1965, I have been on 42 cruises and have a question about the "Entertainment Staff" on board various lines.

I'd like to hear what cruisers are saying about the activities that the "Entertainment Staff" are in charge of, on various lines. Example: On MSC they have a great entertainment staff who have many activities scheduled for everyone. Most nights, unless something special was being done", they would have some sort of skit going on in one of their lounges. The young men and women would get people involved in dancing and would circulate amongst the passengers and would get the single passengers to get up and dance.

They also held a Mr. and Ms. Poesia contest, which usually was absolutely hilarious and they would have the entire lounge laughing.

Recently on a Celebrity cruise, there was very little arranged activities for the passengers and it in some areas no live entertainment, aside from the theatre.

Any suggestions about which lines have an entertainment/activities staff group who have things arranged for the passengers.

Thanks for the help.

IMO, that is such a broad question. Most of the mass market cruise lines do have night time activities such as production shows, lounge acts, game shows (like their version of the Newlywed game), trivia matches, dancing, etc.

I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise, but it would seem strange to me that there wouldn't be much going on. Is this a cruise you were on or did you read about this second hand. Don't forget that often what one person says (about the food, activities, etc. on board) may differ about something subjective, even on the same cruise.

Not saying you're wrong, but it seems off to me.

We sail on Celebrity all the time. There are not game shows & things like that - you're more likely to have the big show in the theatre, then quartets in one place, a guitarist somewhere else, then a party group in a third venue. Celebrity is more 'resort-like' and less dazzle dazzle.

I think some is the skit lime entertainment may be a bit out of favour ... Times change. I'm sure the big production shows will eventually disappear, as will magicians and ventriloquists.