Comfort suites Nassau

comp_hop1

By getting a room at Comfort Suites it will save me like $400, my husband is worried that it will take to long to check in and to get settled before going to Atlantis. can someone tell us is it faster to go with Carnivals excursion. Please help!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

By getting a room at Comfort Suites it will save me like $400, my husband is worried that it will take to long to check in and to get settled before going to Atlantis. can someone tell us is it faster to go with Carnivals excursion. Please help!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Make sure you read the fine print on the reservation page. They have lots of charges not included in the quoted rate. (energy surcharge, housekeeping fee, additional fee of $40+tax(20%+$20.95/person) each for 3rd and 4th person). For a family of 4, we found it to be a $200+ difference than Carnival. Still a big difference, though.

Even if your room wasn't ready, I'd be more concerned with early check-in to get your access to the waterpark.

Early check in is not a problem.. the staff is aware that you are heading to Atlantis and want to get there as early as possible.

You're room may not be ready, but they will check you in and give you your card to take to Atlantis to get wristbands.

Waterpark opens at 10am. Pools open at 9am.

We are a family of 7 so it saving us close to $400 with all fees. We are getting two rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Four in one room, three in another....

Is it costing you about 400 per room? WITH all the fees, etc?

Will you share what the advertised room rate is compared to the actual cost with the extra people and fees? Trying hard to talk myself into it....

Make sure you read the fine print on the reservation page. They have lots of charges not included in the quoted rate. (energy surcharge' date=' housekeeping fee, additional fee of $40+tax(20%+$20.95/person) each for 3rd and 4th person). For a family of 4, we found it to be a $200+ difference than Carnival. Still a big difference, though.[/quote']

I started with the premise of four adults in the room.

I am looking at a room rate of $240, with $131.80 in taxes and fees. Then an additional $20 (5 pp)in housekeeping fees, and 63.80 (15.95 pp) energy surcharge.

So, for a quoted room rate of $240, it is actually $455.60

for four or 113.90 per person, still a savings of $65 per adult.

Am I missing the additional fees you mention above of another $40 per person? If so, that makes the per person cost of 153.90 (saving 25pp over Carnival's 179 rate)

If so, the room cost for four adults is $615.60

What is the base room rate for those of you saving hundreds of dollars?

Edited by turning40withMickey

I started with the premise of four adults in the room.

I am looking at a room rate of $240, with $131.80 in taxes and fees. Then an additional $20 (5 pp)in housekeeping fees, and 63.80 (15.95 pp) energy surcharge.

So, for a quoted room rate of $240, it is actually $455.60

for four or 113.90 per person, still a savings of $65 per adult.

Am I missing the additional fees you mention above of another $40 per person? If so, that makes the per person cost of 153.90 (saving 25pp over Carnival's 179 rate)

If so, the room cost for four adults is $615.60

What is the base room rate for those of you saving hundreds of dollars?

I have NO experience with Comfort Suites. I'm just reading what their website says

The way I read it, the per person charge for the 3rd and 4th person, with tax, would be $68.95 each. Then, $16*4 for energy and $20 for housekeeping, brings it to $222 above the quoted rate of $240, which is $462. For a per person cost of $115, which is $64 less than Carnival. The person who said they saved $400 had 7 people. 64*7 = 448. Though, they had 4 in 1 room, and 3 in another, so the math would be a bit different.

I have NO experience with Comfort Suites. I'm just reading what their website says

The way I read it' date=' the per person charge for the 3rd and 4th person, with tax, would be $68.95 each. Then, $16*4 for energy and $20 for housekeeping, brings it to $222 above the quoted rate of $240, which is $462. For a per person cost of $115, which is $64 less than Carnival. The person who said they saved $400 had 7 people. 64*7 = 448. Though, they had 4 in 1 room, and 3 in another, so the math would be a bit different.[/quote']

Thanks. So many fees!

Can someone tell me if the $40 charge is charged to kids? When I do 2 adults, 2 kids I get a rate of $175 on my government ID. When I do 4 adults it jumps up the $80. Seems like the $175 plus the energy/housekeeping fees and tax would be correct for me. If that's the case we can do Atlantis for less than $300. Through Carnival would be over $700.

Can someone tell me if the $40 charge is charged to kids? When I do 2 adults, 2 kids I get a rate of $175 on my government ID. When I do 4 adults it jumps up the $80. Seems like the $175 plus the energy/housekeeping fees and tax would be correct for me. If that's the case we can do Atlantis for less than $300. Through Carnival would be over $700.

\\

$40 is charged for kids 16 or older.

Kids are free (but are still charged the per person surcharges).

Does anyone have any experience with Comfort Suites and the government ID/rate? Just wondering if they are just looking for a CAC card to verify or if they are looking for something more. I am about to book and just want to make sure this is not going to be a problem. I am going to book two rooms since we have 5 adults and 3 kids going.

Does anyone have any experience with Comfort Suites and the government ID/rate? Just wondering if they are just looking for a CAC card to verify or if they are looking for something more. I am about to book and just want to make sure this is not going to be a problem. I am going to book two rooms since we have 5 adults and 3 kids going.

Depends on the front desk staff or if there is a manager watching. They are supposed to ask for ID. Some do, most don't.

I know that my SIL booked a AAA and didn't have a card. Luckily I had mine with me when I was getting them checked in.

If you don't qualify, you shouldn't be using the discount. Right??

BTW.. make sure you understand the cancellation policy for this hotel. Just in case you hit a rainy day.

Depends on the front desk staff or if there is a manager watching. They are supposed to ask for ID. Some do, most don't.

I know that my SIL booked a AAA and didn't have a card. Luckily I had mine with me when I was getting them checked in.

If you don't qualify, you shouldn't be using the discount. Right??

BTW.. make sure you understand the cancellation policy for this hotel. Just in case you hit a rainy day.

Oh, I may have mis-spoke there. I am a government employee and I have a government ID. I just did not know if they were looking for that or if they were looking for TDY papers or something crazy. Most places extend the offer to leisure travel as well. I will double check the cancellation policy.....great point.

Oh, I may have mis-spoke there. I am a government employee and I have a government ID. I just did not know if they were looking for that or if they were looking for TDY papers or something crazy. Most places extend the offer to leisure travel as well. I will double check the cancellation policy.....great point.

Your ID should suffice since they don't ask for anything specific.

I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Great, thanks! I am looking at the cancellation policy and it is basically a week in advance. If it rains, they shut Atlantis down?

If it's a quick drizzle, they will close down and reopen in 20minutes. If it's a storm or thunder/lightning.. they will close.

Sometimes it's 20 minutes.. sometimes it's a couple of hours.

Or boat will be there 7A-5P (out of New Orleans) so that would be 8A-6P Bahamas time, correct? We should be there when the slides open at 10 and I am saying we should leave at 4:30 to give us 1.5 hours to get back to the ship. Does this sound reasonable?

Yes, 4:30 is a safe bet to get a cab...by 5 it can be gridlock so be careful...Once you get over the bridge it's smooth sailing - even if traffic is bad for some reason, you'll be fine. Be sure to adjust your watch before you get there! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk