Oasis Class Deck 14 Balcony Stateroom Question

sippycup

My apologies if this has already been discussed but.....

Does anyone have any comments, positive or otherwise, about the overhang from the deck above on deck 14 ocean view stateroom balconies? It looks like most or all of them would experience nearly constant shade and was just wondering if anyone could share their experience with that.

We have stateroom 14726 booked in May and I am more concerned with this than the flowrider above it.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
You were right.

The overhang is pretty big and that cabin wasin shade almost all the time.

Did you mean the balcony was in shade most of the time, or the cabin? I also had deck 14 but was very concerned about the cabin's interior seeming like a cave, so I switched to deck 12.

The cabin and the balcony were in shade.

The balcony because of the overhang which did give a bit of a cave like feeling and the cabin because it is under a roof, which had the same feeling as any cabin I have been in, overhang or not.

There was no noise, only once on day 6 did I even hear the flowrider right above and then only if I listened for it.

The biggest drawback in my opinion is the long walk to the elevators. This is a big ship. We booked these 2 (14726, 14728) cabins because my daughter was in an inside room (14729) not only is this room bigger because it is at the end of the row of Central Park balconies but it is steps away from the public balcony. She had it almost entirely to herself all week.

On Oasis class, I always sail on deck 14. The balcony gets partial sun for a few hours. I always have to wedge myself in next to the railing to try to get some parts tan.

Myself, I enjoy the shade. If I want sun, I go up top.

In my opinion, the noise is not bad. When the band is playing by the pool, I can barely hear it from my balcony. Once in awhile I will hear a lounge chair being dropped above my room.

To me, the benefit of being one floor away from the pool fun and not having to wait on an lift/elevator is well worth it.