What to do in Hong Kong after disembarking QE and a late flight to Uk?

airwaves

Hi, help required please. We have just booked a leg of World Cruise on QE from Yokohama to Hong Kong. Unfortunately we have just been told that the Cunard transfer to the airport after disembarkation is full so had to book a private transfer.

My worries are will we then spend at least 12 hrs stuck with luggage waiting for B.A check in to open, or has anybody had experience or suggestions to use this day more productively in such a wonderful part of the world.

Thank you anticipation of receiving your most welcome advice.

Plenty to do in HK for a day (Victoria Peak, Stanley, Aberdeen) but I suspect you'd first have to drop your luggage off at a hotel for the day. Buses are easy and convenient to the southern parts of HK island if you're of a mind to do that.

Get advice on where you can safely store your luggage for the day then catch the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island. Get a taxi to drop you off at the Peak Tram and take the funicular tram to the top of Victoria Peak. Enjoy the fabulous views (clouds permitting), have a bite/drink in the restaurant. Proceed back to Kowloon and enjoy browsing the shops around Ocean Terminal/Nathan Road, be sure to take afternoon tea in the lobby of the Peninsula Hotel. Take a leisurely stroll along the Avenue of the Stars (runs along the waterfront) and admire the very busy harbour and the fabulous view across to the Hong Kong waterfront.

A spare day in Hong Kong goes nowhere and can be very pleasurable so make the most of it while you can. Taxis, buses, ferries etc are all very cheap but there's no need to go far - much of it is walkable and the Star Ferry is fascinating if you have not done it before.

Get advice on where you can safely store your luggage for the day then catch the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island. Get a taxi to drop you off at the Peak Tram and take the funicular tram to the top of Victoria Peak. Enjoy the fabulous views (clouds permitting), have a bite/drink in the restaurant. Proceed back to Kowloon and enjoy browsing the shops around Ocean Terminal/Nathan Road, be sure to take afternoon tea in the lobby of the Peninsula Hotel. Take a leisurely stroll along the Avenue of the Stars (runs along the waterfront) and admire the very busy harbour and the fabulous view across to the Hong Kong waterfront.

A spare day in Hong Kong goes nowhere and can be very pleasurable so make the most of it while you can. Taxis, buses, ferries etc are all very cheap but there's no need to go far - much of it is walkable and the Star Ferry is fascinating if you have not done it before.

Good suggestions from Slow Foxy. As to what to do with your luggage, HK and Kowloon airport express train stations have airline check in services, which you can find out more from here:

http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_around/complom_checkin.html

Since you will be disembarking at Ocean Terminal on Kowloon side, get a taxi to Kowloon airport express station, check in your luggage at BA, and after that, you will be able to catch the MTR subway to anywhere you wish to go. Get an Octopus card for use at the check in service and on the subway. After your sightseeing is all done, you can go to either the Kowloon or HK airport express station to take the train to the airport. If you are able to manage your luggage this way and are able to get around on your own, you might not need your private transfer service; if so, you should cancel it. HK's transport infrastructure is probably the best in the world, with airport trains and buses, subway, large and mini-buses, taxis aplenty, and good sidewalks and clean roads, and the cable car to the peak. No rental bicycles or motorcycle taxis, though.

Have a good time in HK. I'll be embarking on the QE on 29 March to take the sector to Singapore.

How is the music in the Queen's Room? What band is playing and who is the solo vocalist?

Edited by tangoll
Added comments about HK transport facilities.

Hi, help required please. We have just booked a leg of World Cruise on QE from Yokohama to Hong Kong..

There is plenty to do in Hong Kong but what I would like to know is how did you manage to just now book this sector. Cunard Australia has everything sold out long a go for QE and Hong Kong was never available for Yokohama to HK or HK to Singapore. I had to settle for Sydney to Yokohama but would have loved to get to HK and visit my son who lives there. I am disappointed in Cunard that availability is so restrictive in different countries.

There is plenty to do in Hong Kong but what I would like to know is how did you manage to just now book this sector. Cunard Australia has everything sold out long a go for QE and Hong Kong was never available for Yokohama to HK or HK to Singapore. I had to settle for Sydney to Yokohama but would have loved to get to HK and visit my son who lives there. I am disappointed in Cunard that availability is so restrictive in different countries.

I just booked two days ago HKG/Singapore on a Cunard "flash sale". US$500 for inside cabin, dbl occupancy, $600 per person oceanview, $800 per person balcony, etc. PM me if you wish my agent's contact. My placing the website address directly on this thread got blanked out. You might try vacations to go dott comm all together without spaces.

My booking was for single occupancy, inside cabin, US$1050 for this 7 day sector.

Edited by tangoll
corrected wording