Fun, interactive excursions

tarheelmjfan

We're cruising to Willemstad in Nov. We originally booked for only my DH & I, but now I'm rethinking that decision & may take our DS(13) & his friend along. We took an Alaskan cruise last month & our son didn't get as hooked as we did. If we take him this time, I want to plan a fun trip for him. I'm interested in excursions that will appeal to him. The tours he enjoyed most last month were a Segway tour in SF & a helicopter/dog sled tour in Juneau. We took lots of excursions that I thought would be fun for him, but he only seemed to enjoy the tours that he could actually participate in. I.E. he didn't enjoy flying in the float plane, whale watching, etc. Any suggestions for fun things the boys will enjoy?

Also, what do you suggest for my DH & I, if we decide to go alone? We're more than happy just laying on the beach & playing in the water.

If you want to beach it, I recommend Playa Porto Mari. We were there in April and it was a very nice beach with great snorkeling. There are nice changing facilities and a concession stand where you can purchase beverages.

We swam with the dolphins at the dolphin academy. What an awsome experience. I suggest the swim and not the encounter. We then enjoyed touring the aquarium. There is a nice beach there also. There is a separate cost for it. We went back to the ship and then headed to town for a little shopping and a cool drink at an outside cafe.

We swam with the dolphins at the dolphin academy. What an awsome experience. I suggest the swim and not the encounter. We then enjoyed touring the aquarium. There is a nice beach there also. There is a separate cost for it. We went back to the ship and then headed to town for a little shopping and a cool drink at an outside cafe.

Archived