Fascination: Are Cabin Doors Metal / Magnetic?

moviegal

Hi! I can't get a straight answer on this anywhere (even in these forums there are contradicting answers and the main customer service line at Carnival doesn't know) but are the cabin room doors on the Carnival Fascination metal / magnetic? I'm trying to plan decorations for an upcoming family cruise. If anybody has sailed on this ship recently, can you confirm? Thanks so much!

Edited by moviegal

Hi! I can't get a straight answer on this anywhere (even in these forums there are contradicting answers and the main customer service line at Carnival doesn't know) but are the cabin room doors on the Carnival Fascination metal / magnetic? I'm trying to plan decorations for an upcoming family cruise. If anybody has sailed on this ship recently, can you confirm? Thanks so much!

The doors are metal but they are not magnetic. Magnets will stick to them but paperclips won't.

Edited by CRJ700

We were on the Veranda deck in January & they were wooden. We had planned on using dry eraser board (as we were traveling with large group). Duct tape worked to secure the. I was told they were metal on lower decks where some of our group had cabins.

I was on the Magic and was told it had a metal door but magnets did not stick to it. I had taken the 3m strips in case and they worked great. Holds tight and cleans nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! This just illustrates my point, there are varying answers. I guess the real answer is, "Yes AND No." 3M strips are a great idea, I'll pick some of those up. Thanks again for all the replies, I really do appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

So I'm back from the cruise and the answer to the question is both yes AND no. The cabin door itself is NOT magnetic, but the small frame around the outside of the door is. If you want to put decorations on the actual door, you'll need tape to do so. So there ya go.