Allure Jan 26, 2014

Our 30th cruise and second cruise on Allure in two years. Felt like expeience had degraded over last year. We had a very good time but there are always stupid things that cruise lines do.

Windjammer - As per many comments on these boards, food was not very good. Only there a few times and never really sure what I was eating. Obviously using left overs to make 50 different types of goulash. Worst selection of breakfast danish I have ever seen. New low even for Windjammer - lines to get into the restaurant in the morning. Never saw this in previousl 29 cruises. Did not affect me since I just get some coffee, cereal and fruit and bring it back to my staterom.

Solarium Bistro - Not great but definitely a better choice than Windjammer for breakfast and lunch. No lines and plenty of tables. Also more relaxing and quieter.

Main Dining Room - Food very average. Definietly understaffed and seems like they were trying to rush you out. Felt like I was eating at a track meet.

Air conditioning - Seemed like they turned off the air conditioning on formal nights. Saw people in MDR fanning themselves with menus.

Elevators - Way underdesigned. Long waits during any busy times - mornings, gangway at ports, dinner time, etc. Sure there was no wait on port days and after 12 pm, but that's not how you design transportation systems.

Samba Restaurant - Excellent. Maybe the only place on this ship I would pay to go to on land except for the Dog House.

Labadee - Been there many times. Best beaches are now reserved for Suites.

Guest Services - Excellent. I had a problem with a charge on Labadee for two beers which I never purchased. Also saw others complaining about charges on Labadee. Had to go to Guest Services 4 times to get it removed but not fault of Guest Services but rather some moron in accounting who never got back to anyone.

Back to Celebrity next year. Got prepaid gratuities, Classic beverage package and $100 OBC all at no cost to me.

Cruise Director - Ken Rush is best cruise director I have ever seen especially when he's doing events like Quest, bellyflop contest. He really seems to enjoy his job.

Edited by Giorgi-one

One thing I forgot to include. Not only long waits for elevators but when one finally stopped, you were almost always packed in like sardines. Some people forced their way on when they should have waited for another elevator. Then, of course, the people in the back were the first ones to get off and elevator stops at every floor. We used the steps whenever possible.

It is a shame to read some of your comments, I hope that it didn't ruin your cruise.

Having sailed on Allure 3 times now, I agree with the windjammer comments and on my last cruise, I did not go there at all. It is incredibly small for the number of guests on the ship.

I guess I have been lucky never to have experienced the other things that you mentioned.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on Celebrity next year :)

As D+ cruisers we have sailed almost every size ship in the RCCL fleet. We wanted to experience the biggest ship in the world. I agree with some comments in the 1st post. We did find some areas to have lines, especially on the first day. We did like the fact that there were so many places to have breakfast and lunch including the concierge lounge. If you like to get to sleep before midnight DO NOT get a boardwalk balcony room. Some nights the noise went past 1 AM. Next time, I'll try Central Park. The MDR lacks windows and seems too tight. I guess they had to design it to fit so many people. Our final feeling after the cruise is --- It's HUGE, different, beautiful, offers great shows, but did not turn us off to sailing smaller ships. They all have something to offer.