Carnival Magic Fog Delay 2/9/14

thecruiserofships

We're sailing on the Triumph today also and are anxiously waiting to see what the weather does. Our hotel was gracious enough to say that we could stay in our room as long as we needed to today hopefully that will only be until noon.

It appears that the Triumph is at the pier now. Here is a link to the pier 23 cam.

http://www.galveston.com/pier23cam/

You are right that is the Magic........my bad.

I thought that I had read somewhere that they had sailed shortly after the Muster Drill this morning, but according to Mischelle at Carnival the port is closed again and they don't know when it will open or what the effect of the delay will be on Magic's itinerary. That information was as of one hour ago.

I have friends on the ship and feel so bad for them. They are likely going to miss Key West at this rate........and that's the best port on this itinerary.

You are right that is the Magic........my bad.

I thought that I had read somewhere that they had sailed shortly after the Muster Drill this morning, but according to Mischelle at Carnival the port is closed again and they don't know when it will open or what the effect of the delay will be on Magic's itinerary. That information was as of one hour ago.

I have friends on the ship and feel so bad for them. They are likely going to miss Key West at this rate........and that's the best port on this itinerary.

My sister is on the Magic also. She said was there were only about 800 people on as of about 10:30 last night. Customs was moving slow getting everyone off the ship. As of last night at midnight they did not know which ports they were going to yet. Hopefully they will still make Key West and Nassau and drop Freeport. But if they are in port much longer who knows.

She also said she already heard one lady complaining she usually does Royal and would not said Carnival again because of the delays. I wonder if she noticed that the Navigator was at the pier behind them (lol).

I am waiting to hear from my sister to see if they know what changes are going to be made. I am sure after the long day yesterday I will not hear from her for a couple of hours. I hope they get out soon and everyone on the ship has a good time.

We felt so bad for everyone yesterday! Waiting to get off ships, the waiting to get on ships and for sure all those with missed flights.

To all waiting, hang in there!!

We went down to the pier area yesterday and it was a little depressing looking at the faces of folks waiting to board the ships.

We walked along the Strand and checked out some shops, met some nice people and found great ice cream.

We are at the Courtyard Marriott guess we will grab some breakfast and take a morning walk along the seawall

Guess we will see you onboard.

Magis is still in port, and hopefully they will get going soon so Triumph can come in, See sunshine through clouds! See you onboard :)

Watching the Pier 23 webcam and the Navigator just let port. The Magic will be close behind so the Triumph can dock.

Navigator just left, so hopefully that means Magic will be on her way very soon. Triumph is still stationary off shore waiting to enter the channel.

The cold front is starting to move through my part of Houston (near I-10), so that should clear things out for a few days.

Announcement made we are waiting for the pilot. Will be able to maintain itinerary but they will tell us later the sequence.

On Vessel Finder, the pilot is headed for the Magic:), so it shouldn't be long now! Have a great time!