Miami Hotels with Transportation

Emmasnana07

Hi all!

Finally booked another cruise, it's been WAY too long.

Does anyone have a "quick" answer whether or not there is a decent hotel, not overly priced that is in between the airport and port and also provides transportation shuttles? There will be 5 of us total.

Thanks in advance, appreciate any info.

Transport from the hotel to POM -- only some of the MIA area hotels offer that; from POM to the hotel -- NONE. :(

Your "decent" could be my luxury -- can you offer a date and budget? :confused:

Often suggested hotels near MIA offering POM shuttles include Comfort Suites North, Springhill Suites Medical Center, and La Quinta East.

Taxis are cheap in Miami -- only $24+ from MIA to POM and about the same to downtown hotels. I would not choose a hotel based primarily on the offer of a free shuttle.

Hi all!

Finally booked another cruise, it's been WAY too long.

Does anyone have a "quick" answer whether or not there is a decent hotel, not overly priced that is in between the airport and port and also provides transportation shuttles? There will be 5 of us total.

Thanks in advance, appreciate any info.

Suite hotels that I can think of would be the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North and the Springhill Suites Downtown location. Both have airport shuttles and port shuttles. The Springhill Suites is only 3 miles from the port and will shuttle you over to the Bayside Market Place area for free.

There are a couple of Comfort Suites and Springhill Suites in Miami so just make sure you select the North one for Comfort Inn and the Downtown Jackson Hospital location for Springhill Suites.

Have Fun.

Transport from the hotel to POM -- only some of the MIA area hotels offer that; from POM to the hotel -- NONE. :(

Your "decent" could be my luxury -- can you offer a date and budget? :confused:

Often suggested hotels near MIA offering POM shuttles include Comfort Suites North, Springhill Suites Medical Center, and La Quinta East.

Taxis are cheap in Miami -- only $24+ from MIA to POM and about the same to downtown hotels. I would not choose a hotel based primarily on the offer of a free shuttle.

We'll come in December 6th, cruise on the 7th. I'd like a suite for 5 of us and would like to stay under $200. Glad to hear taxi's are reasonable. That will make it easier. Thank you for the info.

Suite hotels that I can think of would be the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North and the Springhill Suites Downtown location. Both have airport shuttles and port shuttles. The Springhill Suites is only 3 miles from the port and will shuttle you over to the Bayside Market Place area for free.

There are a couple of Comfort Suites and Springhill Suites in Miami so just make sure you select the North one for Comfort Inn and the Downtown Jackson Hospital location for Springhill Suites.

Have Fun.

Thank you! I'll check in to those suggested. I've heard Bayside is a nice place to go so might check that out.

Flying into MIA or FLL? :confused:

If you are flying into MIA there are better hotels located in the Blue Lagoon area, including a Homewood Suites that could easily fit 5 in a room, offers free airport shuttles and has shopping and dining options about a 5-10 minute walk away. Taxi to POM (you'll need a van or SUV cab, ask the front desk to call one for you) will run about $30.

Flying into MIA or FLL? :confused:

If you are flying into MIA there are better hotels located in the Blue Lagoon area, including a Homewood Suites that could easily fit 5 in a room, offers free airport shuttles and has shopping and dining options about a 5-10 minute walk away. Taxi to POM (you'll need a van or SUV cab, ask the front desk to call one for you) will run about $30.

Yes, flying in to MIA. I think I'll check into a Homewood and see what they can offer but I like that at least they have airport shuttles and that's a pretty reasonable taxi ride.

I appreciate your help!

After our cruise in Miami we are staying in South Beach for a few days, will better to get a taxi or shuttle to the hotel, there are four. Thanks

Taxi from POM to South Beach, depending upon traffic and hotel location, should be about $15-20+tip (for the cab, not per person) -- a much better deal than any shuttle.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites very close to Miami Airport. Very convenient. The hotel was excellent.

Huge rooms, with sitting area, large atrium & nice pool area.

Breakfast was ok & was included in the price.

It was very reasonably priced.

A complimentary shuttle which was free runs every 30 mins & picks you up at the airport.

Also they have a shuttle which runs at 11:00 and 12:00 daily to the cruise terminal. Only cost $10 pp.

There is a link to the hotel on this page :

http://www.allcruisehotels.com/port/miami.html