Fort Lauderdale Hotel & Shuttle Questions

NHNEV2003

There are two threads that are pretty much started every day on this board---sometimes more than one of each----

1) Recommendation for hotel in Fort Lauderdale (or Miami);

2) Recommendation for transportation for Fort Lauderdale--airport or hotel--to Port of Miami, or Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport. (Shuttle, taxi,limo?)

Very few people do searches--if they did, they would find more info than they could ever imagine.

Is it possible for the Moderators to sticky these two topics so all the info would be in one place and the multiple thread starting would stop?

Just a thought......

I have searched and priced until my eyes are crossed and I think I have found our best deal for a Port Everglades pre-cruise hotel. Family of 5, will have a car, checking in Easter Sunday, cruise Monday-Saturday.

Hilton Garden Inn, $223 for a suite with 2 dbls and a sofa bed, breakfast for all and round-trip shuttle for all and parking.

We are limited to suites with 3 kids. Most hotels offered only 1 way port transfers and some only the 1 way transfer for 2 people. By the time we paid for the additional transfers or taxi's or parking I think this the HGI will save us a little $$.

Staying closer to 17th would be nice, but really trying to watch the budget. Does my research seem right?