Want to try Celebrity but fear music

Loreni

We have been thinking about trying Celebrity because we like their smoking policy, but Princess is pretty good too and we have been mostly happy with them. Our big concern with trying Celebrity is what we have read about the music, specifically:

Loud techno music even in dining room,

CEO ignored concerns about this in a recent CC Q and A session,

Staff has been ordered not to reduce volume even if requested to by many,

Extra speakers have been placed outside the shops to blast music even louder.

If all of this is true, we are concerned. We could cocoon on our balcony to avoid noise, but unless we order room service, we would still need to be exposed to thump/thump music while eating. That won't do.

I read that some fast food restaurants are playing classical music in their parking lots to drive away lurking criminals. Is Celebrity doing the same thing. Blasting techno music to drive away those who don't spend enough money drinking and gambling. We don't drink or gamble and I hate to go where I am not wanted.

I've never heard loud techno music in the MDR ever. I dont even recall hearing music in the MDR at all. There is music in the buffet, but it's quite low key - think John Legend and Adele.

just off this last Sunday....music is EVERYWHERE....and all the time!! In Blu, in the SS United States in the AM for the CC breakfast, everywhere...all the time. We ...and many others commented about how intrustive it was...and many times difficult to talk over!

We are Celebrity lovers...and have sailed many, many times...but have to agree that it is just really over the top lately!! LuAnn

Maybe those of us that don't find it is too loud already lost our hearing some from prior exposure :-)

Me I was in a rock band for 5 years, so I'm sure I've lost some of mine. i've got tinnitus all the time now. Sucks. I didn't even gig that much (handful of times per year)....but still, it happened.

We were on the Silhouette last week and ate most of our meals in the Oceanview Cafe. There was some strange music playing most days and one day it had some rap (I hate rap). If you are talking with your companions, you mostly don't hear it. The solarium is practically silent, but whenever the doors to the main pool area slide open you hear their music. Sit somewhere away from those doors. Don't pass on an amazing cruise for this.

We just got off the Reflection and we thoroughly enjoyed the music and other entertainment on this cruise. We especially liked the Miami DJ's who played next to the Martini Bar where we danced the night away along with many others. I wouldn't call it techno at all - just good dance music with a great beat.

The house band, Vibes, was also wonderful. I like Sinatra and chamber music but I think the music we heard on this cruise was a lot more fun. To each his own.

We just got off the Reflection and we thoroughly enjoyed the music and other entertainment on this cruise. We especially liked the Miami DJ's who played next to the Martini Bar where we danced the night away along with many others. I wouldn't call it techno at all - just good dance music with a great beat.

The house band, Vibes, was also wonderful. I like Sinatra and chamber music but I think the music we heard on this cruise was a lot more fun. To each his own.

We agree!

It's nice to have varied music both live and over speaker that's not old boring music all over like we find on many other lines

Celebrity is Modern Luxury so having hip Dj's and some rap here and there mixed with jazz etc makes it more appealing to us

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Oh Dear- just off the Infinity and loud music still an issue- hm . They really try hard to get me off those wonderful X- ships! If anyone want´s to jump their ships- I recommend Cunard- wonderful ship, silent ships with lot´s of beautyfull romm - and there is not a single one ( exept one nightclub) where you are NOT able to get wonderful view´s of the sea.