Wine package annoyance

eastender

For USA sailings, a 7 bottle package is available where you can choose 7 reds or 7 whites if you want. Sensible? of course. So why in Europe only a split package seems to be available, like 2 reds, 2 white & 1 rose. So if you want 6 of one type that's tough. Grrrrrrrr! Guess I'll have to buy singles.

>>>???? May just be the way it is worded

In the US, we have a choice of 2 reds, 2 white and 1 rose...

we get vouchers/tickets at our first night at dinner...we sign for them...use one , pick a wine and hold the rest. You can also use two of them - like one white, one red the same night

the waiters put your name/table on them and bring them back out for you (assuming you have wine left haha)

if white they chill it for you

the wording and the details on MSC site can be confused...I have had many in my group try to "order" a white/red....I have to explain over and over...you are just buying the package, you decide which you want when on board

The selection is not extensive but it is Italian and good....Merlot or Cabernet for instance. I like the Merlot

Now..I don't want to mislead you but I think you should call or write your UK office and clear this up. hth

I don't know about the Divina-only packages but this has been a point of irritation for some time. The only choice you get with the wine packages is which order to have them in - the wines are all pre-selected. It is not even possible to have two bottles the same, if you happened to like one.

To me, the renders the wine packages next to worthless. It is fine to offer a wine tasting along these lines in order to showcase the wines onboard but when it gets to spending serious money on your only mealtime drink it is way too risky and, as has been pointed out, you can't even choose all one colour.

The alternatives are a la carte or Allegrissimo. The latter includes drinkable wines which are far from remarkable.

Tim.

To me, the renders the wine packages next to worthless. It is fine to offer a wine tasting along these lines in order to showcase the wines onboard but when it gets to spending serious money on your only mealtime drink it is way too risky and, as has been pointed out, you can't even choose all one colour.m.

100% agreed. That's the reason why we don't get this package. We like to choose a wine that goes with our meals.

They sometimes have a wider change of wine packages available at embarkation but those will incur the 15% service charge.

I've only bought a wine package once - was before the all inclusive packages existed and shared a package with another passenger at my table. It was ok, but as Tim says only choice was what order you had the preselected wines.

Wow...some of the European stuff they do seems unfair??

Maybe MSC has special US options cause of so much huge competition here??

I know I have had the wine package/s on 4 cruises now ..3 on Poesia, 1 on Divina and will have on Divina again and we always prebuy and get the tickets first night - waiters bring over our wines to choose (5 choices) and we use other tickets after the first wines are gone. Then they just ask which we want

Only problem ever was my first time on Poesia (I call it my "Euro" cruise) when we had more language problems and we had to get the maitre d over to help cause the waiter thought we wanted to buy a more expensive wine package

what a shame - our way is very easy and you can mix and mingle your wines, and we split the packages (like I buy 2 or 3 tickets, friends buy 2 or 3, a light drinker might buy 1, heavier drinker might buy a whole 7 bottle for a week etc)

Hopefully MSC will improve that website and customer service and let you guys have a choice of the house wines !!