Constellation Suite - what should we pick?

stones902

Here's the scenario, normally we sail RCI and are familiar with their different categories of cabins. This fall we decided that we are going to cruise on the Constellation because of an itinerary that we really want to try. This is a big anniversary for us so I want to book a nice cabin to make the trip extra special.

Typically on RCI we'll book a balcony or Junior Suite although we've stayed in everything but the Royal suite on that line. I'm thinking of booking the Aqua Class or Royal Suite but I'm not sure if the extra $$ is worth it. Any opinions would be welcome!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here's the scenario, normally we sail RCI and are familiar with their different categories of cabins. This fall we decided that we are going to cruise on the Constellation because of an itinerary that we really want to try. This is a big anniversary for us so I want to book a nice cabin to make the trip extra special.

Typically on RCI we'll book a balcony or Junior Suite although we've stayed in everything but the Royal suite on that line. I'm thinking of booking the Aqua Class or Royal Suite but I'm not sure if the extra $$ is worth it. Any opinions would be welcome!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've sailed PH and RS on Connie, and have the Celebrity Suite in March. Having been in the RS on S class ships, I was disappointed in it on Connie. I'd take a Celebrity suite over the Royal. Only real difference is smaller veranda and no whirlpool on veranda.

I think the Sky Suite is probably equivalent to a Junior Suite in RCI from what i've discovered just researching on line recently but never sailed RCI yet.

Aqua Class cabins are same as any standard veranda cabin, but has some special perks, but NOT suite perks. You have to review those benefits to see if it's worth the difference in cost over a standard veranda.

Not knowing your budget, for a special cruise, I'd look for a Celebrity Suite and enjoy the private butler services.

There is a huge jump between Aqua Class and Royal Suite, not only in price but in size and amenities.

An Aqua Class cabin is barely larger than a regular balcony cabin. The main reason most people book Aqua Class is to dine in Blu, the special dining room provided for Aqua Class passengers, although suite passengers may also dine there on a space available basis.

A sky suite (the lowest suite level on the Constellation) is about equivalent in size to a junior suite on RCI.

It is also just one nice-sized room, but you get a butler with a sky suite that you don't get with a junior suite.

If you want a bathtub, you need to book at least a sky suite.

If you want to have a separate bedroom with a door that closes, you would need at least a Celebrity Suite, a very nice sized suite, smaller than a Royal Suite and priced quite a bit lower.

Like the previous poster, I also prefer a Celebrity Suite to a Royal Suite for the price difference. IMHO the Celebrity Suite provides all the space two people could want to be very comfortable and the views from the living room are wonderful.

To me, anything larger would just be wasted space for two people so I would only consider a larger suite if planning to do a lot of entertaining.

But the bedroom in the Celebrity Suite does not have a window, which might be a concern if someone is claustrophobic. However, you can just leave the door from the bedroom to the living room open.

We very much enjoyed the corner S1 Sky suite on Reflection (haven't been on Connie yet - April). But liked it even more than the Grand Suites on RCL!! Loved the butler and felt like much more of a suite than the JS on Royal. JS is really a slightly bigger room. And that's it. If your finances are such that the Celebrity Suite is pushing it, think about the Sky Suite.

We very much enjoyed the corner S1 Sky suite on Reflection (haven't been on Connie yet - April). But liked it even more than the Grand Suites on RCL!! Loved the butler and felt like much more of a suite than the JS on Royal. JS is really a slightly bigger room. And that's it. If your finances are such that the Celebrity Suite is pushing it, think about the Sky Suite.

The Sky suites on M class are much different than those awesome aft corner sky suites on S Class, just to save the disappointment if you ever book one :D

If you want to have a separate bedroom with a door that closes, you would need at least a Celebrity Suite, a very nice sized suite, smaller than a Royal Suite and priced quite a bit lower.

Like the previous poster, I also prefer a Celebrity Suite to a Royal Suite for the price difference. IMHO the Celebrity Suite provides all the space two people could want to be very comfortable and the views from the living room are wonderful.

We booked the RS for a 5 nighter in February 2015. It was only $100 pp more than the Celebrity Suite.

We booked on board, and even the future cruise sales manager was surprised at the difference.

Mike

Have stayed in both a Royal and a Celebrity Suite on this class of ships. We prefer the Celebrity suite. The Royal Suite is bigger but darker inside. For two people the Celebrity suite is the best. The view on the hump is great and now that they added balconies to these rooms it is even better. Walk in closet is even better one side for you and one side for whoever your roommate is. Your also right next to the elevators and stair case in the center of the ship.

I've sailed PH and RS on Connie, and have the Celebrity Suite in March. Having been in the RS on S class ships, I was disappointed in it on Connie. I'd take a Celebrity suite over the Royal. Only real difference is smaller veranda and no whirlpool on veranda.

We have been in M Class Penthouse, Royal and Celebrity Suites.

While I love the Celebrity Suites on M-Class ships, I would not say that the "only real difference is the smaller veranda and no whirlpool on veranda".

I agree that the whirlpool on the balcony is not much of an issue, the CS balcony is much narrower which can make it more inconvenient for moving around. There is no dining table and no loungers. So, it really depends on how you typically use the balcony ... Some people have also commented on wind issues on forward facing CS balconies.

The CS sitting room is smaller than that or the RS but is much lighter. The CS bedroom is totally dark with the door closed - something that many people prefer. However, a major difference is the bathroom. The RS has a walk-in shower and separate bath. It is much more spacious than that of the CS which has the shower over the bath - it is a very high step into the bath which is difficult for those of us who are short or have mobility issues.

The CS has a nice little warerobe/dressing area combined in the bedroom. The RS has a larger dressing area in the bedroom - near the window for better light. It also has a much larger, separate walk-in wardrobe and more hanging space in the sitting room.

Finally, for many people, position is important. The CS are all mid-ships whereas all the RS are at the rear of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...