Food

KevintheIrishDJ

I can only compare the food on MSC and HAL and think MSC came in slightly ahead. Seafood, pasta and ice cream were better on MSC, meat dishes were better on HAL.

The strenghts of the MSC breakfast are the fantastic baked goods, Italian ham, salami and cheeses. The weaknesses are the scrambled eggs, bacon and the included "juice".

If that was orange juice then I'm a monkey's uncle!

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Can someone comment on dining times.

Divina dinner times|: 5:30 or 8:00

What are the + and - of each? 5:30 seems very early.

It's completely a matter of personal preference. Do you like to eat later or earlier. That is really all it comes down to.

Other than that look at your port times. Are you going to be back onboard quick enough to make early sitting? Is it important to you to have time to relax before dinner, then have time to change for dinner then a few pre dinner drinks. Then go for late. Do you get up early and go to bed early then pick early.

Food is subjective. So is pain. However, when someone pours burning alcohol on an open wound most in their right mind would feel intense pain. Likewise with MSC food. It is lousy subjectively and objectively. I am willing to bet MSC spends less on food than any other mass market line.

Now please attack.

Food is subjective. So is pain. However, when someone pours burning alcohol on an open wound most in their right mind would feel intense pain. Likewise with MSC food. It is lousy subjectively and objectively. I am willing to bet MSC spends less on food than any other mass market line.

Now please attack.

A fool's bet, since they aren't going to tell you and you don't know.

Its clear some people don't like the food on MSC and some do. Often those that don't make the most noise.

We did Oasis of the Seas first and then 2 cruises on Divina. The food on MSC was SUPERIOR to anything on Oasis. MSC shrimp in the shrimp cocktail have the largest shrimp I have ever had. The lobster split tails on gala night were superior as was MSC's prime rib. Their pasta and sauces that change daily are delicious. Their MSC burgers in the buffet seem hand formed and are great. Their veal dishes and lamb chops were out of this world delicious. The french toast on MSC for breakfast was wonderful: cinnamon and raisin! You did have to ask for crispy bacon and you would get a heaping order of good bacon!

And talk about PIZZA! The best! And talk about the buffet while on Great Stirrup Cay: The best compared to any other line. They had vegetable cous cous, grilled veggies, potato salad, hamburgers, hotdogs, jerk chicken, baked delights for dessert and fresh fruit. The burgers again were hand formed and thick and juicy, unlike the dried out versions of other cruise lines!!( the bags of chips were great too!!)

AS for bread.... we asked and we got special order of garlic bread each night in addition to the rolls brought around.

We asked for iced tea each night which was brought as soon as we got to the table. The service was FABULOUS.....

Lunches on MSC are so much better also. They actually serve lunch in the MDR even on PORT days. Most other lines only offer buffet dining on port days. Did anyone go to the MDR when they had coconut shrimp as an appetizer? I ate it and canceled my main entree and got more of the appetizer... it was that good. ANd desserts: the creme brule was the best I have ever had. On Oasis they had it but it rarely set properly. On MSC it was great and had berries in it.... quite wonderful.