America West - okay or horror story?

clknam

I booked my mom and I on America West out of Austin to PHX and finally vancouver. Bceaseu of my mom's disabilities, I booked first class to make it more comfortable and America West offered the best deal.

However, after reading several reviews on in the internet, I'm getting quite concerned about the Airline, their delays, and their customer service.

Does anyone have any experience with this airline? Any tips you can give on how to deal with them? Any problems in taking a wheelchair on board with you?

Thanks!

I've flown America West as well as friends & family and have never had any complaints. Granted, there have been delays, but nothing that you wouldn't experience on other airlines (i.e. delays caused by air traffic control, weather, etc.). Most of their planes are fairly young and comfortable and I feel that they deliver a good product for the price.

Jeff

Hi,

I fly America West about once a month, usually from PHX to LA, but on occasion PHX to NYC. They used to be known as "America's Worst" for a reason. In the last 18 months, they have greatly improved. More on time flights, I have never had lost luggage on them and one really neat thing-if there is seating available in first class at check in, you can upgrade for $50.00 per 500 miles. So on my PHX/NYC flights, I can book a cheapie discount ticket ($250-300) and if there is space available, upgrade for $200.00. Not a bad deal, considering a first class seat is about $1200.00 normally.

You will be just fine on America West. Enjoy!!!

Archived