Need help in deciding

scaper

I need some help from my friends on Cruise Critic.

My wife and I (both 54) are trying to make a decision between 2 cruises. They both leave the same day, and go to the same ports (just in a different order).

One leaves from Miami - The Conquest

One leaves from Tampa - The Legend

We live in Orlando so the drive would be a little shorter to Tampa.

Does anyone have any opinions either way on these 2 different ships and/or departure ports.

Thanks

To me, the Spirit class (Legend) is much more beautiful than the Conquest class.

Legend was one of our favorite ships... You can see many pictures of Legend at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1432945

Given these choices, I would choose Legend! If I remember right, Legend will not be in Tampa much longer.... moving to Australia. Choose her while you can. :)

I love the Spirit class ships... I thought I was biased since I've cruised on them most, but after my HAL cruise on a pretty similarly laid-out Spirit class ship, I've determined I just love the layout, the ease of getting around, it's not too big, but not too small (like the Fantasy class). You run into some of the same people (usually the ones you want to see). I also like the dining room set up, no split dining rooms or having to go up to go down to get around a dining room which is great (in my opinion at least). I'd pick a spirit class ship every time if i could.

I need some help from my friends on Cruise Critic.

My wife and I (both 54) are trying to make a decision between 2 cruises. They both leave the same day, and go to the same ports (just in a different order).

One leaves from Miami - The Conquest

One leaves from Tampa - The Legend

We live in Orlando so the drive would be a little shorter to Tampa.

Does anyone have any opinions either way on these 2 different ships and/or departure ports.

Thanks

Since Legend is heading to Australia on August 30, now is the time to book her.

I love the Spirit class. (Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle) We've sailed Miracle and Pride so far and have Legend booked. The layout was wonderful. The ships, though smaller, never felt crowded. The entire aft pool deck was Serenity (21 and over only) and there was no big screen TV.

I know on Conquest the adult pool is recessed into the ship and the area was not enjoyable. (We've sailed her sisters-Liberty and Glory, and Destiny, which was similar but actually a class of her own.)

I'd cruise out of Tampa. you said same ports so that's a non factor. I like the closeness! we're up in Jax and prefer port canaveral but the ships itineraries are the same as our last cruise for our upcoming vacation so we're making the trek to miami