Hotels out of Houston cruise port area...

monakayk

:confused: I have been looking online for a hotel as close to the HOUSTON cruise port area as possible and I am not really sure what area to look at. Need area names to do search or hotel names.

We will need to stay in a modest price hotel: Days Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. So suggestions on that price range-hotels would be appreciated. We just want a clean place to sleep/shower in/modest priced hotels suggestions needed only.

:confused: Do any of of the hotels have shuttle service from Hobby and also to the cruise port/extra cost involved, etc.?

:confused:Are their any liquor stores nearby any of the 'hotel' areas? How far from the hotel area...would we need a cab to get to it? We want to buy a couple of bottles of Wine to take on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by monakayk

Did some research and was able to come up with a good plan in case anyone has the same situation. Staying at La Quinta in La Porte. Great rate. Parking cars there for the week. Getting our group of 12 shuttled to the port and back by http://www.houstontravelzone.com Shot them an email and they replied with a great deal for our group. Now its time to just watch the calendar.

:confused: I have been looking online for a hotel as close to the HOUSTON cruise port area as possible and I am not really sure what area to look at. Need area names to do search or hotel names.

We will need to stay in a modest price hotel: Days Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. So suggestions on that price range-hotels would be appreciated. We just want a clean place to sleep/shower in/modest priced hotels suggestions needed only.

:confused: Do any of of the hotels have shuttle service from Hobby and also to the cruise port/extra cost involved, etc.?

:confused:Are their any liquor stores nearby any of the 'hotel' areas? How far from the hotel area...would we need a cab to get to it? We want to buy a couple of bottles of Wine to take on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Hobby is very far from the port area so no free shuttle.

We enjoyed the Candlewood Suites in La Porte which have a shuttle to the port. They don't have an airport shuttle.

A grocery store with a Wine section is across the street, but I'd recommend having your taxi stop at Spec's Liquor on the way from the airport.

La Porte hotels will be the most affordable and very close to port.

Friends stayed at the Hampton near NASA, they don't have airport shuttle either but they are near a Spec's (about a block) for your alcohol needs.

https://m.ihg.com/hotels/candlewood/us/en/redirectedhoteldetail/houfp?numberOfAdults=1&hotelCode=HOUFP&cm_mmc=mdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-cw-_-houfp&redirect=true

http://m.hilton.com/mt/hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hampton-inn-houston-nasa-johnson-space-center-HOUKMHX/index.html

The NASA Hilton is good but pricier. Check Bimmer's Jan 11 Caribbean Princess review.

http://m.hilton.com/mt/www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hilton-houston-nasa-clear-lake-HOUNBHF/index.html

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Edited by sminfiddle

One thought for those planning a night ahead of she cruise...if you are in just for night and arrive five or after likely easier to just stay by airport and shuttle over to port next day. Loads of hotels by both airports. I'd check price at a few and pick one from those with similar reasonable prices. The cheapest may not be as nice as the rest.

If you have more time the Kemah area has more to offer or if you like shopping stay in Galleria Area.

Been researching this myself. According to Google maps, Kemah is about 25 miles from Galveston, Clear Lake 34 miles, La Porte 34 and Texas City looks like the closest coming in at 13 miles. All of these are much cheaper than staying on Galveston Island on the dates that I am cruising. Doesn't look to be any cheap way (at least not that I have found) to get from the airport to near the cruise port.

Edited by Loves_Dogs

We booked Comfort Inn Suite at Seabrook. They have a complimentary shuttle to the port too. It's gotten very good reviews here on CC too

Second that, the shuttle is awesome, they will take you to Kehma for dinner (Tom's TBone is awesome) and there is a Super Target and Spec's in the same vicinity for last minute stuff.

The comfort inn is really nice, well managed and very clean.

Enjoy your trip.

Been researching this myself. According to Google maps, Kemah is about 25 miles from Galveston, Clear Lake 34 miles, La Porte 34 and Texas City looks like the closest coming in at 13 miles. All of these are much cheaper than staying on Galveston Island on the dates that I am cruising. Doesn't look to be any cheap way (at least not that I have found) to get from the airport to near the cruise port.

Which cruise port? Which airport, for that matter?

OP wanted to know about Houston (Bayport).

Which cruise port? Which airport, for that matter?

OP wanted to know about Houston (Bayport).

OH no, I was talking about Galveston. Guess I didn't realize there were 2 ports out of that area (face palming self now). Sorry OP, the last thing I want to do is give someone bad information. Thank you sminfiddle for pointing this out.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and info.

:confused:Question concerning the Comfort Inn Suite at Seabrook hotel...is there a liquor store or store that sale Wine nearby?

I don't think so, but that's the inn that will shuttle you places, isn't it? Spec's is surely in that range.

DaisyDukes, are you here?

Second that, the shuttle is awesome, they will take you to Kehma for dinner (Tom's TBone is awesome) and there is a Super Target and Spec's in the same vicinity for last minute stuff.

The comfort inn is really nice, well managed and very clean.

Enjoy your trip.

Just a minor correction, TBone Tom's is in Kemah. Just in case anyone tries to google the restaurant.

OH no, I was talking about Galveston. Guess I didn't realize there were 2 ports out of that area (face palming self now). Sorry OP, the last thing I want to do is give someone bad information. Thank you sminfiddle for pointing this out.

Princess and later this year also NCL will be out of Bayport aka Port of Houston or POH.

RCCL and Carnival sail from Galveston aka POG

Princess last year sailed from Galveston...wanted to add this so anyone who booked Princess a long time ago realizes which port they will find the ship. I know it'd be an ugly day to show up at POG and find the ship is at POH.

I don't think so, but that's the inn that will shuttle you places, isn't it? Spec's is surely in that range.

DaisyDukes, are you here?

If it's the one on NASA parkway, the Spec's is also on NASA 1, across the street and just past the blue-roofed buildings you can see from the hotel. It'd probably only be a five minute walk, except that crossing 6 lanes of traffic and a turning lane is probably not an easy thing to do.

We too are sailing out of Bayport and got a good deal at the Comfort Inn. We fly to Hobby and have a car taking us direct there. They said they could strop but the hotel has a shuttle to the pier AND their shuttle will take you to near by places they said like within 5-10 min drive. They also have free breakfast in the morning so it covered our needs.

We too are sailing out of Bayport and got a good deal at the Comfort Inn. We fly to Hobby and have a car taking us direct there. They said they could strop but the hotel has a shuttle to the pier AND their shuttle will take you to near by places they said like within 5-10 min drive. They also have free breakfast in the morning so it covered our needs.

planb,

What Comfort Inn (address) did you book your room at?:confused:

We booked Comfort Inn Suite at Seabrook. They have a complimentary shuttle to the port too. It's gotten very good reviews here on CC too

$139 for 1 nite +7 days parking.... only 10 parking spots abailable

free shuttle to & from ship

also, changing from comfort suites to a Best Western on 1 april

$139 for 1 nite +7 days parking.... only 10 parking spots abailable

free shuttle to & from ship

also, changing from comfort suites to a Best Western on 1 april

We are only paying $91 a night, but aren't parking, so maybe that is the difference?

Sorry for the Late reply but the Comfort Inn is at 5755 Bayport Blvd, Seabrook. Just hit all the needs of the cruise and coming from out of town my husband would rather be closer to the ship the morning of the cruise than out at the airport. 1st time we are going out of Huston other ports are usually pretty close.The free shuttle and breakfast helps too. Hope we all have a great cruise. looking like fog is slowly leaving as a worry. Price with a discount code came to 79.00 but saw most are within 10.00 of them all.

Edited by planb

Sorry for the Late reply but the Comfort Inn is at 5755 Bayport Blvd, Seabrook. Just hit all the needs of the cruise and coming from out of town my husband would rather be closer to the ship the morning of the cruise than out at the airport. 1st time we are going out of Huston other ports are usually pretty close.The free shuttle and breakfast helps too. Hope we all have a great cruise. looking like fog is slowly leaving as a worry. Price with a discount code came to 79.00 but saw most are within 10.00 of them all.

planb,

Thanks for the address. That is the Comfort Inn I checked out first...and it is totally booked the night before my April 26th cruise. I ended up reserving a night at the Candlwood Suites in La Porte, which has a shuttle to the cruise terminal also.

:confused:BTW...how are you planning on getting to the hotel? What 'car' service are you using from Hobby Airport to get to the hotel? I am still trying to figure that out.

Edited by monakayk