Egg Whites & Wheat Toast?

IMKTDQT810

DH is very healthy (compared to me and my croissants/donuts)...He eats oatmeal, scrambled egg whites and wheat toast 5 out of 7 days a week. I heard there is an omelet station....do they offer JUST egg whites? I am also assuming wheat bread will be offered to toast someplace. Thanks...we will be sailing in the Pride.

DH is very healthy (compared to me and my croissants/donuts)...He eats oatmeal, scrambled egg whites and wheat toast 5 out of 7 days a week. I heard there is an omelet station....do they offer JUST egg whites? I am also assuming wheat bread will be offered to toast someplace. Thanks...we will be sailing in the Pride.

Yes they do have egg-white omelettes and wheat toast. Tell him to watch how much oil they use when cooking the eggs, they used a ladle to pour about 3 T of oil into the pan unless you caught them and said none, please. They may make the omelettes/eggs on a griddle now instead of a pan.

On the Miracle last week, the omelet station used pans for the omelets, and a spritz of Pam. No oil. But yes, you could ask for egg whites or Egg Beaters instead of whole eggs. And yes, there was toasted wheat and white bread, as well as toasted plain bagels.

You have to ask for no oil or they will use a lot.

Sometimes they have whole wheat (which has very little fiber) and sometimes they do not.

Last week on Glory found out that Norlander bread has a touch more fiber and lower in carbs so started eathing that each day.

As others have said they have omelets with just egg whites. However, as you probably know most whole wheat bread is only partial whole wheat with the rest being processed white flour. The color comes from things like molasses. The label has to say 100% whole wheat but good luck getting the label from the ships kitchen to verify.

Cheers!

I'll just tell you this in advance of sailing on the Pride. The omelets are really small, even in the dining room, but especially on the lido buffet. And I'm talking about regular and egg white omelets. I have sailed on the Pride twice in the last 7 months and both cruise the omelets were really small.

You have to ask for no oil or they will use a lot.

Sometimes they have whole wheat (which has very little fiber) and sometimes they do not.

Last week on Glory found out that Norlander bread has a touch more fiber and lower in carbs so started eathing that each day.

How do you know what kind of bread you are getting? Can you tell by appearance?

Kathy