Galveston Help Please

emen822

Hi, we are flying into Hobby on Saturday and staying at TownePlace Suites (Marriott) in Galveston. Our cruise leaves on Sunday so when we arrive on Saturday, we would like to pick up some wine for the cruise and also stop at a pharmacy to get toiletries. I saw that a few people recommended Specs for the liquor purchases and when I do a google search, it looks like there is a Walmart (or maybe Walgreens?) nearby. Our hotel offers a shuttle within 5 miles, I believe, so my question is: once we get to Specs and are able to get some toiletries, are there any eateries nearby? According to google, it looks like there is a Quiznos and Pizza Hut really close by but we are hoping for a nicer, celebratory dinner. :D Or should we just go back to the hotel, drop off our purchases and then take the shuttle in a different direction for dinner. We have a full day to spend in Galveston but are without a car so we would like to do as much as we can. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Mary

Spec's is on 61st St., a Randall's grocery store is also in the center.

Walgreen's is a few blocks away at 61st and Stewart Rd (Ave S), Walmart is around the corner from the shopping center on 61st (City Central Blvd.)

There are some great restaurants on the island, but none near this area.

Go back to your hotel, drop off your items and go downtown.

Check out Galveston.com for a list of restaurants, their menus and locations.

If you like seafood Gaidos is a good choice for eating out. Galveston Cruiser gave a fantastic description of where everything else is located.

Also, for food, if you like chains there are many on the island offering TexMex etc... Rainforest Café is one we like as is Tortuga Cantina.