16 day cruise to Hawaii in 2015

b2dhx

When will Carnival post their 2015 16 day cruises to Hawaii? My wife and I are hoping to take the trip. How does this trip compare to the atmosphere on a Caribbean Cruise? I have never been on a trip when the weather is cold. Also wondering what 5 consecutive days on the boat will be like. I love the 8 night and did not want to leave!

We did the one way from Hawaii twice. The 5 days were great. You didn't feel like you were missing anything if you stayed up late and slept in a little. We just did a transatlantic on the sunshine, 6 sea days, grand Turk, 5 more sea days to New Orleans. Spent days in pool, lounging it was so relaxing since before the transatlantic we did a Mediterranean cruise that was port intensive. You will love it.

When will Carnival post their 2015 16 day cruises to Hawaii? My wife and I are hoping to take the trip. How does this trip compare to the atmosphere on a Caribbean Cruise? I have never been on a trip when the weather is cold. Also wondering what 5 consecutive days on the boat will be like. I love the 8 night and did not want to leave!

The January 2015 15 day cruise is already posted on there website.

I am waiting for the 16 day cruise because of 2 days in Maui.

Based on past history, I'm guessing it will be 2-4 months before the new schedules are out for Carnival.

Royal and Celebrity will be releasing their Hawaii itins first week of April. I think Princess will be somewhere in that range too.

As you might have guessed ... I am also eyeing Hawaii for Fall 2015! :)

Jenn

I cruised to Hawaii in 2012, as part of a B2B2B, on the Spirit repo to Australia...I loved the overnight in Maui. I rented a car with friends on the cruise, and we did the Road to Hana (the whole way around), on the first day. It was definitely worth it to have an overnight. We also had 2 days in Honolulu.

I am cruising the Legend to Australia in August., and wished there had been a Hawaii trip prior again. You will definitely enjoy the longer cruise.

Debbie

I would love to do this cruise and I love the Miracle, but we need a summer (or late Dec /early Jan. However, I can't seem to find any cruises Carnival or other, which do that. Anyone know why this is? Would rather not fly to Hawaii and do the Sprit of Aloha I think it's called to each island - at that point might as well just stay on one resort I feel. If anyone has a summer Hawaii cruise suggestion please let me know - thanks!

I would love to do this cruise and I love the Miracle, but we need a summer (or late Dec /early Jan. However, I can't seem to find any cruises Carnival or other, which do that. Anyone know why this is? Would rather not fly to Hawaii and do the Sprit of Aloha I think it's called to each island - at that point might as well just stay on one resort I feel. If anyone has a summer Hawaii cruise suggestion please let me know - thanks!

Looks like NCL is your only option for summer. My parents are trying that one in a few weeks since they didn't want all the sea days. It will be their first time on NCL.

In Dec/Jan you could do round trip out of San Diego, Sam Fran, or LA on HAL or Princess. Or also NCL.

The one way repositioning cruises are all April and Sept going to/from Alaska generally.

I am also eyeing either the January 2015 or looking at the (hopefully) April 2015 cruise. Overnight in Maui sounds great.

I just don't know if I want to wait another 3 months. Thinking of waiting until January 2015 hurts enough.. But another 3 months?

Ever since I decided I wanted another cruise, it is gnawing in me :)

Airfare to Vancouver isn't as bad as I thought. The 16-day in September is looking pretty good!!! :D

Check the airfare to Seattle. For our Alaska cruise we flew to Seattle and then took the train to Vancouver. Even with the train fare it was considerably cheaper than flying to Vancouver.

• 3 months later...

FYI ... I asked John Heald what the Legend would be doing after Alaska (I was hoping for another one-way to Hawaii from Vancouver, similar to the May cruise) - he said that it won't be until Jan 2015 before that is released.

So, think we are going to book Royal's Sept 2015 one way cruise as a placeholder while they have their sale on, then possibly switch in Jan depending on what Carnival is offering.

I was so disappointed that after waiting all this time for 2015 to be released, the schedule stops short by one cruise for what I want to do!! Guess I will have to put my patience hat on once again, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone else was thinking of cruising to Hawaii next fall as well. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What it looks like, is that there won't be anymore 16 day Hawaii cruises from Long Beach to Vancouver or vice versa. It seems the Legend will be doing Alaska from now on, and the Miracle will just stay in Long Beach doing longer Mexico cruises and a few Hawaii over and backs. So the repos will be from Australia to Vancouver and back again.

They might, however, add some overnights to the Miracle Hawaii cruises one they get the propulsion system fixed. But that's just a pipe dream...:)

We just did the repo from Long Beach to Vancouver last month, and I will say that the overnight in Maui was great. The 7 hours in Honolulu, however, sucked... WAY too short for that city and island.

Bob

The Miracle came out today doing 15 day cruises RT from Long Beach. One of the sail dates is 10/17/2015.

Thanks for posting, after I read your message I took a closer look at the itin and the port times seem decent. We are now booked on the Oct 17th cruise! :)

Still just a placeholder, I'm hoping for a one way on Legend Sept 2015, but I would be happy enough if we ended up sticking with this one. Same price as Royals cruise, but 5 extra days!

Hawaii here we come!

Thanks for posting, after I read your message I took a closer look at the itin and the port times seem decent. We are now booked on the Oct 17th cruise! :)

Still just a placeholder, I'm hoping for a one way on Legend Sept 2015, but I would be happy enough if we ended up sticking with this one. Same price as Royals cruise, but 5 extra days!

Hawaii here we come!

Hi there,

I'm from Australia and have been watching the Legends itinerary with very keen interest, as it heads down here this year. I am also following it's movements to & from the US as we are looking at doing a US trip in Sept/Oct next year.

The Legend sails from Honolulu to Sydney on 26th Sept 2015 - and you can already book this on the Carnival Australia website. So I am certain the Vancouver to Honolulu sailing will go ahead - just not sure why Carnival haven't released the bookings for it yet?? The last cruise available for sale at the moment seems to end in Vancouver on 15th Sept. My guess is that it will be an exact mirror of the Honolulu to Vancouver cruise in May 2015. This looks like a great cruise, but I'd really love to see the prices.

I wish they would hurry up with this too! As I am trying to decide if we should sail back to Sydney from Honolulu, or do the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise to see a bit more of Hawaii. It's hard when I can't even compare prices yet!!

I hope this info helps with your planning. In the meantime, I will be stalking the Carnival website each day for more info :-)

Edited by P&O princess