Change itinerary out of NOLA

steph7021

Ugh. Booked the Dream for March 2015 on Friday....tonight we get a letter that the itinerary has changed from Hondurus, Belize, Cozumel to Key West and Bahamas!

Now, surely they aren't going to charge us the $50 pp change fee so we can move to a different cruise...do you think?? These are 2 totally different cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that you have 24 hours from the moment of itinerary change notification to make changes without penalty. Contact Carnival immediately to see what your options are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's my understanding that you have 24 hours from the moment of itinerary change notification to make changes without penalty. Contact Carnival immediately to see what your options are.

This is my understanding also. I would be on the phone with Carnival immediately.

Ugh. Booked the Dream for March 2015 on Friday....tonight we get a letter that the itinerary has changed from Hondurus, Belize, Cozumel to Key West and Bahamas!

Now, surely they aren't going to charge us the $50 pp change fee so we can move to a different cruise...do you think?? These are 2 totally different cruises!

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

Definitely call right away and cancel, you will not be penalized at all but you only have 24 hours. That's a horrible change of itinerary, wonder why they are doing.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

Definitely call right away and cancel, you will not be penalized at all but you only have 24 hours. That's a horrible change of itinerary, wonder why they are doing.

Thank you for this info. Of course it's a large family cruise but I guess I can just cancel and we can all chat. We liked the idea of NOLA....darn!!

I have read this too. Act quickly.

We are early saver so there technically is a $50 fee for changes

Here it is in writing:

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Thank you for posting this!!!

We were booked on the Dream 3/22/15. I received the email from Carnival about the itinerary change and thought it was spam since it went to my junk mail folder. After reading this post I dug it out and read it....sure enough...it was telling us our cruise was changed.

I just changed two cabins to another Carnival ship without penalty. One cabin was military and the other was early saver. They wouldn't honor the original price so we paid a little more for the same cabins on the Magic.

I'm happy!:D

Thank you for this info. Of course it's a large family cruise but I guess I can just cancel and we can all chat. We liked the idea of NOLA....darn!!

Sorry for the itinerary change, as has been stated, that is a completely different cruise.

Last time DW and I cruised from NOLA Carnival changed the ship from the Ecstasy to the Elation. Very disappointing, as we had booked one of the new (then) grand suites with the larger balcony that was tacked on during dry dock. Of course the Elation didn't have those; we considered cancelling, but didn't and had a great time in New Orleans and on the cruise.

OT, but that excellent quote you use in your signature is actually not from Mark Twain (or Samuel Clemens) but actually belongs to H. Jackson Brown's mother. See page 13 in Brown's 1991 book: "P.S. I Love You: When Mom Wrote, She Always Saved the Best for Last".

Thought you might want to know.

Kevin C

Interesting, Carnival still has original itinerary listed. They should have made the change ASAP so others aren't in this position.

YUCK...I'd certainly be changing my cruise. Hopefully there's no change fee. I would not want that iten. compared to the other.

good luck

Sorry for the itinerary change, as has been stated, that is a completely different cruise.

Last time DW and I cruised from NOLA Carnival changed the ship from the Ecstasy to the Elation. Very disappointing, as we had booked one of the new (then) grand suites with the larger balcony that was tacked on during dry dock. Of course the Elation didn't have those; we considered cancelling, but didn't and had a great time in New Orleans and on the cruise.

OT, but that excellent quote you use in your signature is actually not from Mark Twain (or Samuel Clemens) but actually belongs to H. Jackson Brown's mother. See page 13 in Brown's 1991 book: "P.S. I Love You: When Mom Wrote, She Always Saved the Best for Last".

Thought you might want to know.

Kevin C

Thank you! Quotes are often not attributed correctly I have found....I'll change it because it's my favorite!

Thank you for posting this!!!

We were booked on the Dream 3/22/15. I received the email from Carnival about the itinerary change and thought it was spam since it went to my junk mail folder. After reading this post I dug it out and read it....sure enough...it was telling us our cruise was changed.

I just changed two cabins to another Carnival ship without penalty. One cabin was military and the other was early saver. They wouldn't honor the original price so we paid a little more for the same cabins on the Magic.

I'm happy!:D

So, we got our change done with no penalty and decided on the Conquest out of Miami. We sailed in her out of Galveston when she was new....time to see how she is now!

We got the same itinerary plus Grand Cayman. So I think we are good.

YUCK...I'd certainly be changing my cruise. Hopefully there's no change fee. I would not want that iten. compared to the other.

good luck

I changed to another ship today, there was no penalty or fee. I didn't want that new itinerary. I booked for Roatan, Belize, Cozumel. And, because the Magic was supposed to be in dry dock on that date. Found out today that the Magic is NOT in dry dock that week so we changed to the Magic. One of the cabins is early saver and there was no fee for the change.

So, we got our change done with no penalty and decided on the Conquest out of Miami. We sailed in her out of Galveston when she was new....time to see how she is now!

We got the same itinerary plus Grand Cayman. So I think we are good.

You'll love the Conquest even more if you sailed her when she was new in Galveston. Since the 2.0 upgrades she's only gotten better with age. :D

Glad you were able to make the change. Hopefully you saved a few bucks leaving out of Miami too.

No they will not.