NCL Dawn, Tampa Embarkation

CM2J2R2S

I posted this on our roll call board and also on the board for the cruise 2 weeks prior to ours and no responses yet and it would be helpful to have an answer.

So here's the weird question.

Our documents now say boarding is at 13h00. I assume this is because of all the Tampa debarkation problems over the past few months.

It also says to board no later than two hours prior to sail away at 16h00, which is 14h00.

Are they truly intending to process 3000 pax in one hour?

Our documents now say boarding is at 13h00. I assume this is because of all the Tampa debarkation problems over the past few months.

It also says to board no later than two hours prior to sail away at 16h00, which is 14h00.

No they are not, BUT:

1. If a passenger has completed the online check-in, NCL's new guideline (in their FAQ) state that the deadline for the final check-in in the terminal is 1 hour before departure - it's 2 hours before only for those not completed the online check-in.

2. There are always a lot of people in the port starting from 10am waiting to board, no matter what NCL tells them.

I posted this on our roll call board and also on the board for the cruise 2 weeks prior to ours and no responses yet and it would be helpful to have an answer.

So here's the weird question.

Our boarding documents also stated 1:00 boarding. We were there early and did not have any issues. They were able to get everyone on for sailaway. Which did leave at 4pm. At least they did for our cruise which was January 19, 2014. The Dawn has a passenger capacity of 2200 so it may be easier to get everyone on. Also remember alot of people do get to the port early. Once they have cleared the ship they will let people check in. You may not get on the ship yet but usually (unless there is an issue) you can check in.

Hope this helps. Others may chime in with their experience.

No they are not, BUT:

1. If a passenger has completed the online check-in, NCL's new guideline (in their FAQ) state that the deadline for the final check-in in the terminal is 1 hour before departure - it's 2 hours before only for those not completed the online check-in.

2. There are always a lot of people in the port starting from 10am waiting to board, no matter what NCL tells them.

#2 pretty much covers things.

This has totally helped. We have done the online check in for the whole gang but we are arriving separately so very good to know.

If anyone else has anything to add - feel free. All good for me to know as this is a total surprise for one member. Thinks he is going out to lunch, so the more I can plan, the bigger the surprise.

Another suggestion since you seem to have a member of your party that can get stressed or worried. This suggestion is for anyone on any ship that has not been on that ship before.....look at the ship's deck plans at home before you go (on NCL website). It is fun to do and it helps people from being overwhelmed when they step onto the ship.