Just booked

tart6000

Hi all,just booked 2 weeks on the Island Escape:) leaving Palma on the 15th April.Is anyone else going and as a first timer on board(been on a few of the other Thomson ships)any tips would be appreciated.

Lucky you, I always think it's better to expect nothing then anything better is a nice surprise. Not just on a cruise but any holiday. Just do a search on here or Thomson for any subject you want advice on.:):)

Jan

Hi all,just booked 2 weeks on the Island Escape:) leaving Palma on the 15th April.Is anyone else going and as a first timer on board(been on a few of the other Thomson ships)any tips would be appreciated.

We have been looking for a new cruise ship since the old Ocean Village & have so far found the Island Escape to be in the lead... Best advice is to not read the reviews, it's a real Marmite ship. People tend to give it full stars or one, & you can't help but concentrate on the ones.... So far we found the food, staff & atmosphere on the IE to be the best.. Have not been on her since the All Inclusive introduced, but I bet they still charge for bottled water. It seems to be a universal truth that all cruise ships with AI will let you have as much whisky as you want but always charge for the bottle of water. So the tip is that if they do still charge, nip out back into Palma cruise terminal & buy it from the shop there, about 5 euros for half a dozen bottles.

Two weeks over Easter on a cruise ship with a good itinerary.... Wish I could fit that in with the leave from my job, I can normally get only 1 week at a time.:(

Edited by Stevio

We dropped our bags and went straight out to get supplies in Palma. It's a bit of a trek back to the port entrance but once there turn left and follow the road up the hill and round, about a ten minute walk, and you will come to a shopping mall, I can't remember the name. Plenty of shops and a big supermarket in there.:):)

Jan

Porto pi shopping mall....watch your bag...I had my purse stolen last time we went!

Sent from my C5303 using Forums mobile app

That's the name I was trying to remember. I remember it happening to you Jenny, Palma has it's moments doesn't it. Then again, you have to be careful everywhere.

Jan