Weird E-mail

Rrronnie

so...in my mail box this morn I get an E-mail through the Carnival "Funville"....from a girl needing some one to sign up as a guardian for her and her friend.......

"Ronnie my name is Taylor i am 20 and would hope to cruise on the carnival dream in march i saw your going with your family. I have been on 5 cruises and i won a free one in a raffle I would like to take my friend who is also 20 but since i have no body over 25 on the cruise with us. I was told they cant book it. The manager for carnival sales department said I would essentially just need to link up with a passenger and have them/you fill out a form stating you know my room number. we would be willing to pay you for this service sir please email me back and let me know if your interested."

Im all for helping people out....But....What do guys think?

:eek: Run. Do not walk. Don't touch that. Don't even reply to that email.

Yikes!

No way.

That's what I think.

I agree with the above, delete the email and forget about it. There is no way I would do that. You would be responsible for any damage they cause and if they are bad enough you and your family could be put off the ship. :eek: She needs to find a family member that is over 25 to go with them.

she did throw out a general shout out for help on Funville...But there is only a few people in that forum....Maybe somebody will help her...I don't think I will..

I don't blame you. This combo doesn't sound like something I would want to be a part of. College aged young adults whom I don't know, wishing to cruise during spring break, and wants to have their stateroom linked to me. No thanks!

Edited by deetrayn

I don't blame you. This combo doesn't sound like something I would want to be a part of. College aged young adults whom I don't know, wishing to cruise during spring break, and wants to have their stateroom linked to me. No thanks!

Exactly. There is a reason Carnival has the 25 year old requirement and it is spelled S-P-R-I-N-G B-R-E-A-K-E-R's.

so...in my mail box this morn I get an E-mail through the Carnival "Funville"....from a girl needing some one to sign up as a guardian for her and her friend.......

"Ronnie my name is Taylor i am 20 and would hope to cruise on the carnival dream in march i saw your going with your family. I have been on 5 cruises and i won a free one in a raffle I would like to take my friend who is also 20 but since i have no body over 25 on the cruise with us. I was told they cant book it. The manager for carnival sales department said I would essentially just need to link up with a passenger and have them/you fill out a form stating you know my room number. we would be willing to pay you for this service sir please email me back and let me know if your interested."

Im all for helping people out....But....What do guys think?

I just read through everyone's replies, and I can't believe that not one person realized that this is a "phishing" e-mail. I highly doubt that this is from a girl, or that "she" is 20, or that she wants you to help her book a cruise, for her or her "friend". More likely, it's from a guy (age unknown) that's somehow hacked into your e-mail account and is phishing for personal information.:eek: Not only should you not in any way acknowledge or respond to this e-mail, delete it immediately (if you haven't already done so), and bump up the security settings on your e-mail account. At a casual glance, this e-mail looks innocent, but I think if you could hook your computer up with the robot from "Lost In Space", he'd start waving his arms and yell "Warning! Warning!. Danger Will Robinson!" Or something like that.

You sound like you have a good heart and maybe considered this for a minute. But ALL replies are the same.

Save yourself a load of trouble and stay far away from this.

yeah I guess your right...I have no problem helping strangers...I do it all the time...but... everybody is right...too risky...I did not reply to the E-mail...I declined publicly in the Funville forum..